Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Pics

So here is the Easter blog. I tried to limit the pictures but with 5 kids it is still a lot and I have yet to figure out how to just stack then and make it more a slide show on here. My camera was not working all that great this weekend otherwise there would have been more. On Saturday Clark colored eggs with the kids. We do it mostly for fun b/c we do not have an egg hunt at our house (b/c we do that at my mom's). Needless to say Clark is now eating lots of egg salad. Don't ask me why Alexis is in a swim suit to color eggs. Clark just told her to go find something old that could get ruined. At least it was an old swim suit.

 Here is Landon (about 2 months past when he needed a haircut) holding his egg
 Alexis and Ryan also proud of their egg coloring skills
Alexis found the stuff in the basement that the Easter bunny brought. Unlike Christmas, our kids do not get all that spoiled at Easter (although the Easter bunny did put $40 in big kids baskets b/c nothing else seemed so exciting)
Nick makes his way down to get his stuff
 Alexis before church. This morning was very stressful as we woke up kind of late and I was in a horrible mood trying to get everyone ready while Clark was still laying in bed b/c he stayed up really late watching hockey. Grandma bought Alexis this new dress. I don't really go out and buy all coordinating clothes for Easter. My mom always buys her a dress and the rest of us find something clean in our closets.
 My very failed attempt to take a picture. Nobody looks good b/c everyone's hair is still wet. I rarely try to get pictures with all 5 anymore. It just doesn't work.
Alexis changed clothes before we went to grandma's house for the egg hunt. Grandma also got Alexis this outfit. They love going to Pampolina store. Very colorful clothes.
 Landon looking cute
 Alexis had to bring Kit with her
The 7 grandkids at grandma and grandpa's house
 Clark, Alexis and Landon
 Nick and Landon
 Alexis
The triplets searched for eggs in the front yard

 The big kids searched for their eggs in the backyard
 My mom tries something new every year b/c she hates the mass chaos that having 7 young grandkids bring. She basically had different amounts of money in all the eggs and then that got traded in for their gifts/candy. For example, There were 7 eggs with 50 cents, 7 eggs with a dollar, etc etc. It was confusing enough for the adults let alone the kids. Oh well, they found the eggs and then she just passed out the candy/gifts.
Nick got some skateboard things, pokemon, Narnia movie, candy, legos
 Alexis got jewelry, watch, purse, book, bunny, candy
 All the boys loved the pokemon. Nick for some reason was into this a long time ago and now is back into it. Good for me b/c he had a ton of cards that I felt like he never played with. Now he does.
 Adam got a ball, pokemon, candy, and a zamboni remote control thing. All triplets got a jelly bean dispenser with lots of jelly beans
 Landon got Jessie and Woody and all the other stuff Adam got minus the zamboni
 Ryan got Star Wars Lego's plus all the other stuff
So that was how we spent our Easter. I will say we made it to church on time and I really enjoyed sitting with Matt and Stephanie. It helped to change my mood. I thought the service was good.

The picture in my coming soon post shows Clark on the couch asleep. Nothing frustrates me more than his falling asleep every single time we get together for a family function. We were there less than 2 hours so I don't think I ask too much to expect him to stay awake and at least pretend he is paying attention to what is going on. This is where our families are very different. His gets together for much longer times, eats and drinks a lot so it is not uncommon for the guys to be asleep on the couch. My mom (and therefore me b/c I know I will hear about it later) does not like this one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment