Sunday, July 14, 2013

2013 Island Vacation:Day 3

I am trying to remember what exactly went on day 3, but the days are starting to run together. It is much the same day after day on the island. One of Amanda's favorite things to do was take the kayaks out, and this morning everyone wanted a turn. First she went out with Nick. The water was calm compared to the previous day so it was perfect for kayaking.
 Here is Nick having a good time.
 Most of the kids slept down at my parents main house while my sister, Kim and Clark and I slept in the second house. Robbie and Amanda stayed in this house until we got there but then pitched a tent outdoors and slept in that so we had enough bedrooms. We told them we will all fit in the house, but I think they liked their tent idea. On the table you can see the first of many puzzles that we put together. My sister and I love working puzzles. It gives us something to do in mornings before everyone wakes up. It is also something easy to do here and there throughout the day. I get sort of obsessed b/c it is very hard for me to stop working on the puzzles once they are started. This particular day we worked this one you see which was 550 pieces and finished one at my mom's house that was 750 pieces. I just don't have a picture of that one. Clark and my brother appear to be playing a game.
 Here is Alexis
 Amanda and Adam. I took Adam out later on the kayak and he informed me that Amanda was much better b/c I got him wet and she didn't.
 Here I am with Ryan.
 Amanda and Landon
 Alexis with some silly pose.
 Amanda figured out that it was best to just let the trio have their own kayak and pull them behind with a rope. This way they felt like they were really doing the work themselves.
 Robbie out in the water trying to tell the trio that they are floating away on the mat.
 Playing on mat with grandpa

 People on dock just watching and trying to warm up.
 On the big water trampoline.
 Ryan with noodle
 Not a great picture but has my mom in it, and she was mad at the end of the trip that she was not in many pictures and it didn't even look like she was there. Ummm...not my problem. Take your own photos. I tried to reassure her that I was in very few photos (my choice) so she was not alone:)
 Caleb jumping
 Adam

 Alexis. As you can see from most pictures that this lake is very peaceful and you don't see anyone else for miles around.
Nick spends most of his time exploring the island. Here is his spear he made a few years ago. The kids are obsessed with sticks.

 Clark and I went out for a longer Kayak ride before dinner. The lake was so quiet and beautiful. It was a good arm work out.
 More mat fun.

 Caleb on kayak
 Landon
 Kids went tubing. Here is Alexis with her cousin Caleb



 Here is Nick.



 At night we had a big family meal and again they played games. If I remember right the weather was great during the day and then rained in the evening.
The triplets also got to tube this day, but I think those pictures are on my sister's camera b/c I did not go out with them. I know they started with my mom driving the boat but quickly changed to my step dad b/c my mom was not going fast enough for them. Only other thing that sticks out about this day is that Landon was starting to get a million bug bites and I had one black fly bite on my upper arm that caused it to swell all the way past my elbow. The end of another fun day on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment