Sunday, September 8, 2013

Disneyland Day 2

I realize that I take entirely too many pictures when we go to Disney. It makes it very hard to narrow it down. Trust me... I do narrow this down. I take a ton more pictures than I actually post. I will say the one thing that helped me not take as many during this trip is that our camera kept breaking. It is having serious issues, and I was getting really annoyed. Moving on....day 2 started with everyone getting up really early. I basically woke up in the 4-5am range each day b/c I was still on Indiana time. We walked thru downtown Disney to go eat at a bakery for breakfast while waiting for the parks to open. Even though we only had muffins, rolls, etc even breakfast cost over 50+ dollars. I was shocked at how much we were spending on food. At Disney World we always do the meal plan so you pay up front and then don't think about it. I much prefer it that way!
Here is a picture of the boys in the  morning getting excited to spend the day at Disneyland park.
Here are the boys at the front of the park.
 Clark's favorite ride is the tea cups. He likes to see how fast he can make it go. The kids love it. Kids enjoyed it but much slower than the cups at Disney World. You will notice a theme....everything got compared to Disney World b/c we go there a lot more. My first thought with the parks in California was just that everything seemed to be on a much smaller scale.
 Here we are on some submarine Nemo ride.

 We decided to spend some time on Tom Sawyer's Island. We never get to that part at Disney World. It was super hot and humid the entire time we were there. No rain but uncomfortably hot...so kids probably ran around less than normal.




 We hooked up with our friends the Peacocks for lunch at some all you can eat barbecue place. It was good food but again hard for me to stomach the cost considering how little the boys ate. I think I just kept eating and eating and eating b/c I was determined to feel like I got my monies worth.
 After lunch David and Evan really wanted Clark to take them on the tea cup ride.
 Of course we drove the cars. Here is Clark looking back and taking a picture of my car. I will put his phone pictures in here later once I have them available to me.
 We spent some time in Toon Town

 Visited Mickey's house
 Group photo

 Watching the parade on our way out of the park. We did most of the other rides but I didn't post all the pictures. Of course we did Small World, Pirates ride, Indiana Jones ride, Star Wars, Space Mountain (several times), Splash Mountain etc. I will say that we taught our kids to lie on this trip. That sounds horrible I know but we had 3 kids and only 2 of us and so many rides you had to be 7 to ride solo. So for this trip, the kids were 7 instead of 6. Yep.... I did just admit to that!

 For dinner we stopped at an Italian restaurant in Downtown Disney on our walk back to our hotel. It was very nice just being able to walk from hotel to parks. Everything was very close. At dinner there was someone making balloon figures for kids (for tips of course). Adam was very excited about his silly hat.
 Landon got a dragon.
 Ryan got a Jedi with a pink (b/c pink is his favorite color).

So another busy but fun day with the kids. I am sure there would have been more to say about this day if I had blogged this trip sooner. Honestly the Colts first game is on right now, and I would rather be watching that (Nick and Clark were lucky enough to be given free tickets so they are at the game).

No comments:

Post a Comment