Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween 2011 and Family Update












Sorry I have not updated in a long time. Today is a crazy busy day so I will try and type this very fast. Since you just saw the pictures I will start with Halloween. As you can see the boys were Star Wars characters and Alexis was a witch. I tried to get her to follow the theme but she wanted no part of it and really should not be forced to always do boy themes just b/c she has 4 brothers. Halloween night was a bit difficult b/c I still had to work that day. Clark was responsible for getting everyone ready. I would have dolled Alexis up a lot more and not incorrectly tied her sash around her back but overall they were dressed and ready to go on time and, more importantly, he did not forget to take pictures, so I was happy. I barely made it home on time to see them head out. I stayed behind to pass out candy since I was on call. Nick called it quits very early and decided this year he would rather just pass out candy. Kind of sad that he is too old to trick or treat! I didn't feel like we had as many kids this year. That coupled with the fact that I always buy about 20X too much candy, we had a TON left over. I have been trying hard to resist.  We dressed up at work. I was really not into this at all as I HATE dressing up for Halloween. I wasn't going to do it but at the last second I didn't want to be the only one not participating. Let me tell you Target had nothing left for adults when looking the day before. The best I could find was a pirate girl and while it sadly made me look like a slut it was better than any other option. I just assured everyone that I did in fact have black shorts under my way to short to be a pediatrician skirt. Rob got a good laugh at me all day long as I just kept pulling my shorts down before going into every room. I was uncomfortable all day long! I was also sexually harassed all day as the girls would not stop talking about my "hot ass" and sexy look. I can't tell you how many times during the course of the day the girls (ONLY THE GIRLS) grabbed my butt as they walked by. It is something I have just learned to live with at my work place. It was all in good fun!!! Next year I am going to be covered head to toe in a chicken outfit like Kimmie so as to not relive that experience. I actually thought that my own kids pediatrician's office had the cutest theme I have ever seen for an office. They were all pieces of candy. The picture was on facebook and they looked awesome. Go Hendricks Peds (so much more classy than me:)

Alexis had a gymnastics meet last weekend. I thought that nothing made me as nervous as gymnastics meet until the hockey games started this weekend. At least with gymnastics there really is a total of only 3 minute to be nervous b/c she only does 4 events and each event only lasts about 45 seconds. The meet as a whole was disappointing. I think overall her team sucks and is not comparable to other gyms. I think they take more of the philosophy of have fun and I am more of a lets try and be good and competitive. I found it embarrassed and really thought the coaches should have felt the same at the end of the day. Alexis did okay and was the best on her team. It was not her best performance in anything but she was consistent and did okay across the board. She did not fall or miss anything and for that I am thankful. She scored 4th on bars (score 9.025), 7th on beam (8.75), 7th on vault (8.9) and something like 10th on floor (8.45). She was 6th place overall. She got a medal in every event including overall so she was happy. If you ask her after meets how she did (meaning what place she got) she never knows. All she knows is if she got a medal or not. That girl is never nervous and almost always happy with how she did not matter what. Gosh I wish I was more like her. I personally am very frustrated with her gym right now. We are in it to be competitive. We don't want to be part of a gym that is 100% about winning but we just don't want to be embarrassed. I think after learning more about other gyms they need more practice time and as many of the moms have been complaining about need more strict structured focused coaching. I am not paying all this money for the coaches to hug all over my kid. I want them to teach her the routine. Teach it to the point of perfection. Leave the touchy feely crap at the door. Many of us are considering leaving our gym if things do not improve. (I actually wrote a much longer section on this topic but when I hit publish it disappeared so you all got lucky in that fact that I am out of time and will stop there). I am sure I will have a lot more to say about gymnastics after our next meet next weekend.

OMG this post keeps deleting what I write. I am guessing it is too long. What I had already typed was that it was Nick's 10th birthday on October 29th. I can't believe I am old enough to have a 10 year old. We have been so busy that we have not had a chance to really celebrate his birthday yet. We did go out for a family meal. His favorite food is chicken wings and we ate at Hurricane Grill in
Brownsburg (my favorite fast but sit down food) and that is what he got. If you haven't been and live in the area, they have great food (I say that but every single time I go, I get the same salad b/c I swear it is my favorite salad ever). After dinner I gave him the new Transformer movie and we attempted a family movie night. I think Nick, Clark and I were the only ones sitting on the couch watching the movie in the end. Alexis and the boys decided it was more fun to play all around us. We will have our family celebration of his birthday tomorrow after his hocky game. I am sure I will blog pictures of that later. We are not doing a kid party for any of our kids this year. We don't have the money to do one every single year and I never grew up doing that so it seems like too much to me.

This weekend is the start of hockey games. The stress this is causing me deserves a post in and of itself so I will save it for later.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have a ton of stuff to talk about but no time to write......

No comments:

Post a Comment