Nick with his best friend David
The kids
Grandpa with Ryan
Cahty, Alan, Evan (David's parents) and "just like family"
So this past weekend we finally celebrated Nick's 10th birthday. We did not do a kid party and just had the family get together at my mom's house. Okay so Cathy and Alan aren't blood relatives BUT Cathy and I are like sisters so we just consider them family. It was kind of a squeeze into a very busy scheduled day kind of party. We had a hockey game that morning at 7:45am and then I rushed back to get the triplets and be back for the party at 11am. We had to squeeze it in before my mom took the grand kids to see a Phineas and Ferb show that afternoon. Clark was on call so he missed the birthday party and had the afternoon to himself. My mom's house is just over 30 minutes away. How convenient for him! Now that Nick is 10 we are really running out of "themes" to do for parties. He is getting too old for a lot and we already have done hockey. I left this up to my mom and in the end she made it a jelly bean theme b/c he loves them. Whatever!! She did all the decorations. Nick had a nice time. He loves presents!!! This year he got 3 wii games, 3 Lego's sets, knights, webkinz, art stuff, all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Blue ray Star wars movies 1-3 (b/c we lost number one and he wanted it again), new hockey stick, another wand from someone in Harry Potter and a case to display them, clothes (I get to open those b/c he doesn't care), light saber, bay blades (not sure spelling that right), other star wars figures (can't believe there are possibly any we don't have), pokemon cards, money box with 50.00, lots of other figure things he plays with. That is all I can remember right now. After cake and ice cream all the kids went swimming in my mom's pool one last time before she closed it down for the winter. It was like a giant hot tub b/c she always turns the temperature up so much (and spends a fortune doing so).
Last year on Nick's actual birthday (October 29th) I wrote a long post on how Nick was the best surprise of my life. Read it if you are interested in how Nick came to be! He is a great kid and I am a lucky mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment