This first picture is Nick with his two best friends. David on the left has been friends with Nick since he was 2 years old. Clark and I are very close with his parents, Cathy and Alan (who get talked about on this blog often). They are much like family. Michael, on the right, is Nick's best friend at school. He had never been ice skating and did a great job! I am so thankful that Nick has such good friends.
Colorful lights come on about one hour into the skate.
Once we got back home another friend who could not make it to the skate part came over for the sleepover. Here are some of the kids as we had some cake. We had to have two cakes b/c Nick wanted ice cream cake, but David doesn't like chocolate, so we got a regular white cake as well. The boys spend the rest of the evening playing Xbox. At 4am I went downstairs insisting that they finally go to bed!!! Nick had a great time but was very sleepy the next day!
Here are a few pictures from last weekend when we squeezed in a family birthday celebration in the middle of a crazy busy sports day. The day started with Nick having a game at 8am and me running the Monumental half marathon. Then the trio had a game at noon. Alexis got dropped off at her practice at 12:30 missing the entire family get together. Then my parents and my sister's family hooked up for a quick lunch where I was constantly saying, "hurry up we have to do this party fast b/c Nick has another game." We went back to my parents for gifts. I told her not to really do anything for his birthday b/c we had already had cake, and he didn't care all that much, but she HAD to come up with a theme. It can never be the same theme, so it is getting hard. I thought she did a great job. This year was his first year in cross country, so she went with a running theme. I didn't know anything about it until I walked in, but of course I loved it b/c it was a running theme:) I also love red, black and white. Here is a picture of Nick with his cake. You can't see the 2 but I can assure you the candles were a 12.
Nick did not have a lot of gifts b/c he had already gotten everything from us. There was just what my parents and sister gave him. From us he got his iPhone and new goalie pads. He opened the present from his cousins first. Of course it was a tons of boxes in bigger boxes to get down to a gift card for a game store.
Next he opened some Lego's.
He wanted new Nike Air Max shoes. My mom had bought two pairs, and he got to pick. I am glad he went black and not red!
He got a couple new outfits from Dick's Sporting Goods. One Nike and one UA.
Landon wanting to be in the pictures.
Ryan looking a little bored and tired.
Here is the main Lego that Nick wanted. This ranks up with the Death Star in number of pieces. That means I predict it takes 2 years to get him to finally start and finish it!
Landon again. His other main gift was new goalie pants (he calls them pants but they look like huge padded shorts). They are crazy expensive and had to be ordered online. Let's just say the size my parents ordered were HUGE. We are working on trying to figure out exactly what he needs and in what size.
Adam
After everyone had eaten cake and ice cream my mom screamed reminding us that we were forgetting to pick up Alexis. Thankfully my mom lives one minute from the gym, and my step dad rushed to get her. Alexis was happy to have time for cake before we headed to another hockey game. Nick had a great game and came away with a win. It was a great end to a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment