Thursday, December 30, 2010
Happy Birthday Alexis
Some pre party pictures!!!
Wow am I tired. The party is winding down (it is actually Dec 31st now) and most the girls have been picked up. I would say it was a success. We started by going to the Creative Spa nail salon. The only bad part of the night was having to wait. The girls were getting a little antsy. I felt bad for anyone trying to actually enjoy their pedicures/manicures b/c there were 11 loud little girls running around. They each got their nails and toes painted with snow flakes painted on thumbs. Not sure I would do that again with such a large group but whatever. We came back ate pizza. Next was cake and presents. Alexis got some fun toys. I really couldn't get any good pictures b/c the girls were nearly sitting on top of her while she opened presents and tissue paper was flying all over. They had fun. Finally I put a movie in and we decorated bags. Other than scrapbooking I am not at all crafty so other than me trying to keep the mess contained and my carpet from getting ruined they were on their own. The rest of the time was play time. Our house is much like a toy store so nobody lacked in things to play with. I would say Alexis' bars were the biggest hit. The big kid play area in back part of basement (which I spent forever cleaning yesterday) is now covered with a film of chalk (for the bars). I could hardly breathe back there. Around 11:30 I attempted to get the girls to wind down. I was not successful! Every half hour for the next 4 hours I got up and went out to plead with them to go to bed. Finally at 3:30am I told the last 2 girls standing they had to lay down. I thought their parents were going to want to kill me today. We got everyone up this morning at 8am and fixed breakfast. Overall, I think Alexis had a great time and felt very special. That was the point! I told my kids were are not having another kid B.D. party for at least 3 years! Alexis' birthday gift from us is yet to come. We are redoing her room in a more big girl theme. I will never again have to have a pink princess themed room in my house..whoo hooo! My mom is buying her a new desk for her room. That is something she wants. I'll be back gotta send last girl out the door!
I wish I could say aahhhhh peace......but I still have 5 kids here that aren't going anywhere (b/c they are mine)! Once again, the clean up begins. I feel like that is all I do. Get the house in order for something and a tornado comes through so I get to do it all again. So what fun things is everyone doing for New Year's Eve? I would argue I have the best plans ever...NOT. I am on call all weekend. I made this trade for one earlier in the month when I thought I would be on crutches (that I was never really on), so I can't complain (too much). Clark is also on call so no toast at midnight. Not that we would want to anyhow. We are kind of annoyed with each other. Kind of might be an understatement. We are both just stressed I think. We won't be back in sync with each other until he gets back from Dallas. Until then we will just try and stay clear of each other. I will try and do my New Year's resolution post later today or sometime tomorrow. Need some time to come up with things.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year's. Drink a few for me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment