Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Picture Day

These postings are getting more and more boring as I have less and less to say and b/c life is so crazy busy now by time I sit down to write all I really want to do is go to sleep. With that in mind, I will keep it brief. Tonight we attempted to do family pictures. We just went to Portrait Innovations b/c we never get good professional pictures no matter where we go (b/c trying to get so many kids to smile is nearly impossible) so no need to spend a fortune. Even at a cheap place with not so great pictures we still spent over 300 dollars.  I hate picture day. I love taking pictures but hate picture day b/c it never turns out good. I am usually a very grumpy person on this day. Clark hates how much it stresses me out. This is why we only attempt this every couple of years.
 I spent my day running to Kohls trying to get necessary clothing items so we could match colors during the pictures. I was trying for something other than reds or browns b/c that is what we are always in. The boys all had these really cute sweaters from gymboree that were black, grey, purple so we went with that color theme. Problem was that although the color was purple (more of a girl color) neither Alexis nor I had anything really cute to wear. We made do. I did have to buy all 5 kids black shoes today. It costs a lot buying shoes for so many kids. We changed clothes once during the pictures and put on red and black stuff. Those pictures in my opinion turned out better so I guess I should just stick with our usual colors. We had to wait for 45 minutes before even starting the pictures and so it was already almost bedtime for the triplets. We just could not get all the kids to smile and look normal. The triplets would squint their eyes and give this huge ugly smile when told to smile. Landon had his eyes closed in what seemed like half the pictures. Inevitably someone looked horrible in every one. Even Alexis had mostly fake smiles. Oh well, we just needed something to stick in the Christmas cards if Clark ever gets it finished. We got home around 9:30pm which would explain why at 10:40 my big kids are still up doing homework. They are going to be fun to wake up in the morning.

That's it! Picture day always seems to consume the entire day and never leaves me very happy at the end of it. I have been fine from a hip pain standpoint today but my back is hurting a lot. I don't know if that is just b/c I was laying down so much the first couple days and now am more active or what. It is annoying. Maybe now that I don't walk with a limp my back muscles have to get used the normal gait again. Nothing I think I can do anything about, so I will just deal.

If I don't have much more to blog about tomorrow, I might take a couple days off. I really need to get more on the ball with Christmas stuff b/c it is almost here and I am not ready. I need to finish getting gifts and start wrapping. Just not sure how to squeeze that in an already packed schedule.

Good night,
16 days until Christmas
0 gifts wrapped
0 pain pills
0 chance I am going to fit into any of the clothes my mom bought for Christmas if I don't start to lose the weight I have put on

No comments:

Post a Comment