Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Training update and new addition to Bible study family

I think I forgot to ever post my training update for last week. Let me keep this the shortest post ever b/c I know I wrote about my long run already. So last week...

Monday: 5 miles on Tmill

Tuesday: REST

Wednesday: 10 miles in the dark. Was supposed to run with Ruth but her alarm did not go off and so while I was standing on her driveway at 5am looking like a peeping tom, I ended up going alone. My garmin died on this run so actually think I did closer to 11 miles.

Thursday: 20 miles at the Y. See last post for details.

Friday: Bike at the gym for one hour

Saturday: 5 miles on the Tmill. I hate running when I am on call. I had to stop at least twice I think.

Sunday: 10 miles (10 laps around my one mile loop) with no garmin, no music. Just me and my on call phone. Luckily it did go off until the second I walked back in my house.

Total: 50 miles of running. 1 hour on the bike.  Diet sucks. I am hardly logging my calories anymore. Need to get back at it. Today I am 6.2 pounds away from where I want to be.

I had a ton of fun on Sunday following several people (via my home computer) do the Louisville ironman. So inspiring. Made me want to get back in the pool and buy a road bike sooner rather than later. Still as much as I would love to attempt that someday I realistically doubt it will ever happen (although it would be a great goal and an awesome way to celebrate turning 40 in 4 years). I think in the meantime I have a much more likely chance of attempting an ultramarathon in the next few years.

Okay that is all for now. I just finished a 6 mile run. Remind me never again to run around the neighborhood on trash day. The smell made me want to vomit the entire run. Now I just need to go shower, start some laundry and go visit Stephanie and Lucy at the hospital.

 
Lucy was born 8/28 weighing in at 6lb 12oz. Mom and baby are doing great. This makes baby #4 for Steph and girl #3! Congrats to the Curts family! I can't wait to meet her. I hear that Matt Bates and I might be fighting on Friday nights at Bible study on who gets to hold her the entire time. Matt...I might be small but I am stronger than I look:)
 
 
ADDENDUM: Back from hanging out with the cutest princess!



She was so sweet and never made a peep during the 1.5 hours I got to love on her!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment