Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week 9 training in review

Once again I am late in posting my training for last week. I went ahead and just came up with a week number (based on an 18 week training schedule) making last week #9. I do realized I have turned this training schedule into more of a 22 week training... but whatever. Let's go back in time and pretend we are on week 9. This was a taper week for me.  On the schedule my taper weeks say I should do 34 miles. I pretty much do whatever I want during a taper week but make sure it is at least 34 miles.

Monday: 5 miles on T mill

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Ran 6.4 miles around the neighborhood after the kids were off to school. Bad move b/c it was trash day and man did it stink on that run!

Thursday: Ran 10 miles around the YMCA trail. I was happy with this run b/c my average pace was 7:54 per mile. I am overall training much slower this go round but it still was nice to see I am capable of running under 8min miles.

Friday: Bike for 1 hour. Finally got the second book in The Bronze Horseman trilogy. Made my hour go really fast. They are really long books, so I expect I will be reading this for a long time to come.

Saturday: Ran the Women's half marathon. Will do an entire blog post just on this alone when I get the chance. I really think Cathy should do the race recap blog post on this since this was her race but I doubt she will, so I will get to it soon (hopefully by the end of the week).

Sunday: It was raining all day, so I ran 6 miles on the Tmill.

Totals: Running 40.5 miles, Bike one hour.

Diet goal: Labor day weekend killed me! Still somewhere around 5-6 lbs off my marathon weight goal. Haven't logged calories in a few days... Have started to try and keep up with someone I know thru FB who is making sure to eat 5 fruit and veggie servings per day. So far I have managed to do this, but it is harder than you think. I find myself eating things at the end of the day just to get it in...which is not helping my diet goal.

After I get my women's post written, my blogging may be reduced to weekly training updates (which are mostly for me so I can look back if I want to). Life is just getting hectic and I need to put my energy into other more important things right now. It may be that I find I have to blog about all that is going on in my life (b/c that is what I do) but right now I can't even find the words. I appreciate all the people who are praying for me right now as Clark and I are considering giving M.C. a whirl. See I am not yet at the point where I can even write the words b/c when I do the only word I see is FAILURE. Nothing major kids...just some tweaking to hopefully strengthen things. Well, there you have it. So when I don't respond to emails, texts or facebook posts as quickly as I once might don't take it personal b/c I preoccupied with life:)

Hope every has a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment