Thursday, September 20, 2012

In the mood to KICK SOME BUTT

I am VERY proud of this long run. I have been saying for a couple weeks that I am having some running burnout. This was just what I needed. I need a feel good proud running moment. Who cares if it was just during a training run. That still counts in my mind. I really did not want to do a long run at all this week. Yesterday I kept going back and forth on where I was going to do it. I ran my 10 miles yesterday around the neighborhood, and so I really didn't want to do my 20 here as well. I also didn't want to waste a ton of extra time driving up to the Monon just to run by myself. It wasn't until this morning when I made up my mind. The neighborhood it was. My big loop is 1.8 miles. I had to do 11 loops plus some to get to 20. I couldn't go out until after the kids were off to school. The weather was good. I wore my arm warmers for the first half and then took them off. I got rained on but it was short lived and probably happened b/c I had my shirt on that says something about how we run in rain, snow, wind. It was also super windy (15mph). I stopped (very very briefly) only twice to take a gel and quick drink. Here are my splits.......

Mile 1:7:57
Mile2 7:56
Mile 3 8:01
Mile 4 7:53
Mile 5 7:56
Mile 6 7:52
Mile 7 7:53
Mile 8 7:49
Mile 9 7:45
Mile 10 7:45
Mile 11 7:39
Mile 12 7:41
Mile 13 7:42
Mile 14 7:44
Mile 15 7:45
Mile 16 7:41
Mile 17 7:32
Mile 18 7:37
Mile 19 7:31
Mile 20 7:26

Darn that mile 3. Would have been nice to see all 20 in the 7's::)) NO seriously.....I am soooo happy about this run! I am also soooo happy I don't have another 20 miler for 2 weeks!  Oh and my time at 13.1 miles was 1:42:34. That is just over a minute faster than my fastest half marathon time!


Happy training everyone!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT RUN!!! It will be hard for me to keep up with you at the monumental marathon. I'm supposed to do 16 miles this weekend but not in any mood to do it - just need to suck it up!

    ReplyDelete