Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week 10 in Review

At this point who knows when I will get a recap of the Women's half done. I said this week but now I am hoping maybe mid next week?? Anyhow, quickly this is how my week of running went.

Monday: Since it was Labor Day and I did not have to work, I got to run outside. I just did the 6.3 mile run around the neighborhood. I now for the most part actually start at my house and do the run rather than drive to a certain spot to avoid 2 big hills. I just suck it up and run the hills. They are short and not that big of a deal, but I like FLAT!

Tuesday: REST!! This was an exhausting day. My partner was gone so I was the rounder. I left my house at 5am and walked back in around 9:30pm (b/c I had to go to gymnastics parent meeting and pick up Nick who had hockey practice). Very happy I did not have to come home and run any farther than to my bed.

Wednesday: I went to the gym and did 10 miles on the T mill. Nothing exciting is standing out about this run. Oh I will say that I have finally gotten used to not needing a drink or gel if only doing 10 miles. I don't really know why that matters but just a change I noticed.

Thursday: I first got a text from Jaime asking if I could run early (like 7am early) on the Monon. I replied "no chance, have fun" but then I decided to hire a sitter to get the kids ready for school so I could run with other people. I was missing Jaime. After I hired a sitter she said she could no longer go early. I decided to still go early and since she was only running 12 (b/c it is her taper week) I wanted to get 10 in before I hooked up with her. So I got there and ran 10 miles by myself with a pace of 8:14. I really did not want to push myself much at all since I was nervous I would have nothing left when I started with Jaime. After my 10, Jaime and 2 of her friends arrived and we went out for the remaining 12 miles. Jaime was having some stomach issues so the pace was much slower than she would have liked. As a result I felt fine and the run felt very easy. I never hit any hint of a wall. My overall pace for 22 miles ended up being 8:41. I was happy I was not super wiped out for the rest of the day like most long runs. I had a very busy evening being a taxi mom and no time for sore legs or tired body. Again, I felt fine.

Friday: I went to the gym and did my usual hour on the bike. It is pretty sad when one of the Y workers comes up to me and jokingly says "oh NO you forgot to put your reserve sign on the bike" b/c I always get on the first bike if available and this day someone was already on it. It did sort of throw me for a loop b/c I am the biggest creature of habit.  It worked out okay. The second bike was fine:)

Saturday: So we had incredibly awesome running weather this weekend and I never really got to take full advantage of it b/c of the timing of my runs. Clark was on call and kids had activities so I had to work around that. Still the warmest part of the day when I was running was only around 71 degrees so much better than last week. I ran my 6.27 mile neighborhood run with an overall average pace of 7:43.

Sunday: Windy 10 mile run around the neighborhood. Had an average pace of 7:48. My last 5 miles were much faster than my first 5. I started with the plan to do a very easy 10 miles with a pace of 8:30 but then when I felt like I was going slow and was still right around 8 for the first 4 miles I decided to pick it up a little and try harder.

Totals: Running 54.5 miles, one hour on bike. Next week is a taper week but Jaime has to run 20 and I told her that if she wanted me to run 20 with her I would. So not sure it will be as much of a taper as the schedule says. I am game for whatever!!!

Hope everyone is having fun training in better weather! I like fall from a training standpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment