Sunday, September 16, 2012

Training Week 11 in Review

This has been on tough week so this review will be short and not so sweet! Thankfully it was a recovery week (aka taper week) and those usually suck for me, so I wasn't too upset with how things went b/c I now come to expect this. I had to rearrange my entire week b/c of what I am going to assume was food poisoning b/c it was incredibly violent but thankfully short lived.  Here is what my week looked like.....

Monday: Ran 5 miles on the T-mill at home. I run crazy slow on my home treadmill. In fact my pace is set at 8:49 and usually it is all I can do to get thru the 5 miles. I am not sure why exactly that happens. I do think it is way harder than the treadmill at the Y and feel better every time Jaime (who has the same one, says the same thing). Maybe it is b/c I have been up since 4ish am and worked all day and know that I am on call all night that just makes Monday runs that much harder. Often I get interrupted with phone calls during the run so the stop and start may also play into this. Basically it is not a run I enjoy but one that I am happy I did once it is over.

Tuesday: Rest day. Tuesdays are now also crazy long b/c of hockey. I leave the house at 6:30 and get home around 9pm. Instead of hanging out at the Fishers ice rink I met my parents for dinner. I would several hours later regret that decision......

Wednesday: SICK DAY FROM HELL! I woke up at 4am thinking my stomach was just not feeling right. Shortly thereafter I started violently vomiting. It continued for about 3 hours straight.  Clark gladly left the room and went to sleep on the couch. I was a mess. Even once the actual getting sick part stopped, I was very weak. My weight dropped 5 lbs in the matter of hours (not to worry it is all back now:) I seriously thought about just going to ER for some fluids. Instead I just stayed in the bed most of the day. Nick was great and for 10 dollars got everyone ready for school, and all I had to do was get them to the bus stop. I thought at the end of the day I was better but after walking to bus stop to pick them up I realized I was not. Luckily my parents dropped whatever they were doing and met me to get Alexis and take her the rest of the way to gymnastics. All that was a very wordy way of saying I DID NOT RUN. It was a bummer but just couldn't do it.

Thursday: Normally a long run day but now my schedule was off, and I was still crazy weak. I did run but went without a garmin b/c I knew it would be slow. My stomach was in knots the entire 6.2 mile run. NOT FUN!

Friday: By this point I was feeling like myself again. I went to the gym and did my one hour on the bike and then did a 6 mile run on the treadmill to make up for the fact that I did not run on Wednesday. I felt better than Thursday but not great b/c I was doing 2 work outs instead of one. I only went 18.5 miles on the bike (mostly bc I was multi tasking and in one hand had my Bible study lesson and with the other was trying to look up the Bible verses that I needed to read for the study on my iPad all while trying to remember I was on a bike and needed to pedal. Once I finished my lesson I was reading my book and so all that makes me slower). My pace on T-mill overall was 8:22. Fine by me. My legs felt like lead when I started b/c I am not used to running after being on a bike. It got better.

Saturday: I ran 5.1 miles around the neighborhood. My average pace was 7:50 per mile. Still nothing special about this run. I still didn't feel all that great.

Sunday: Finally I had put off my long run as long as I could this week. I really really really was not looking forward to running. I tried to get Clark to do the long run with me Saturday b/c I thought the only way I was going to get one in was if I was with someone. It didn't work out. Then I tried to get him to run on Sunday but we didn't have a sitter. Then I tried to get the kids to go with me. At first they said yes but by time it was my turn to run (Clark went first...only 4 miles) they changed their minds. So it was up to me and me alone to get this run in. It was ONLY 12 miles but I just was NOT feeling like running. I drove to my favorite neighborhood loops to avoid the hills. I did 5 of the 1.8 mile loops and 3 of my one mile loops. I got it done! I had the worst cramps for the first 6 miles. It felt like someone was stabbing my stomach every time I stepped. That was fun. Despite how crappy I was feeling and how much I really did not want to run today my time was okay. I had mostly negative splits which made me happy (7:58, 7:55, 7:55,7:50, 7:48, 7:44, 7:36, 7:44, 7:44, 7:44, 7:32, 7:31). My overall average was 7:45 per mile. You can look at those splits and see two things. One you can tell when my stomach felt better (after mile 6) and  two, my body must like the pace of 7:44!!

Total: Ran 34 miles, biked one hour!

I am happy to have week 11 over. I think I am experiencing somewhat of a burnout b/c I am not looking forward to week 12 either. That mostly has to do with the fact that I am on call next weekend I think. I do believe I need to slow down or I will get injured soon. I plan on a much slower runs this next week but more miles.

Happy training everyone! Really wishing I could run the Danville half next weekend b/c a lot of my friends are doing it, and I hear that some of the boys will be in pink tights/tutus trying to raise money for breast cancer. Since I am on call, I will have to settle for pictures...........

No comments:

Post a Comment