It is that time of year again when the big kids disappear for a week at Camp Allendale (aka "church camp"). I dropped off last year, but this year I am the one on call so dad and grandpa got the honors of driving the kids to Trafalgar. Thankfully they followed my instructions to get a few quick pictures on their phones. I think you can tell from the pictures who was more excited to be going. I am not sure why Alexis decided to wear her brother's old flip flops but she did. Luckily we packed other shoes too!
Sounds like after going thru the check in line (where I guess Clark told Nick he was getting a rectal temperature taken...real mature Clark...they do take temps but not rectal obviously) Dave (my step-dad) took Alexis to set her up in her cabin, and Clark took Nick to his part of camp.
Alexis was thrilled to have the top bunk again.
I guess she is in Owl A.
They went around taking silly pictures!
Here she was probably shocked to see one of her really good friends from the 2nd grade (they were not in same class this past year). We didn't know Morgan was going.
Saying good-bye to dad! I got lots of hugs and kisses before they left the house.
Alexis and grandpa!
I think maybe she was trying to pretend she was an owl since her bunk house is called Owl's Nest.
Here Nick is walking to his part of camp. I thought he would be in the same part as Alexis b/c he was last year, but no he is moving up in the world, and I guess in the bigger kid area.
He really wanted a bottom bunk so he was happy although my very very shy kiddo (who inherited my social phobia for sure) was probably too nervous to smile at this point.
His building was called courage.
Just chillin'
The meeting area
Ahhh....warms my heart to see he has already hooked up with his friends and was happily playing carpet ball!! He was smiling!!
I hope they have an incredible week worshiping God and having a good old time. Nick is really hoping to get baptized at the end of the week. We have no communication with the kids for the week. Actually we can't hear from them, but we can send them email bunk notes. Clark and I will likely send them daily, and I know my mom will be sending some too. My mom also gave the kids a bag full of individual bags so they have something to open each day from her. Usually just little stuff but the kids love it. I did the same last year, but this year I just got Alexis a real digital camera instead of disposable ones. Nick was not interested in taking pictures. Sadly, I just this week took the disposable cameras to get developed from camp last year. Still waiting for them to be done. Bad mom. Instead of little gifts, I just took them to the store and bought them 18 dollars in candy. They each have a huge gallon ziplock bag full of all their favorites. Healthy eating is not what camp is all about!!! I can't wait to hear about all the fun things they did. My mom and I will be picking them up at 11am on Friday! I still remember Alexis jumping into my arms from last year like it had been a year since we had seen each other.....tears...it was so sweet!
Have fun and be safe Nick and Alexis. We already miss you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment