My creative juices are not really flowing right now so the title is just b/c today was the first real snow day of the year. Looks nice outside! I was responsible for taking Alexis to gymnastics today. Since Clark is the only one with a vehicle that is good on snow, I was allowed to drive the truck. He was nervous of course that I would wreck his precious truck. I gotta say, I could get used to driving this truck. It was nice. I was not worried about sliding all over the road like I usually do in my Honda. He has these seat warmers. Wow, I liked that. I have no heat in the van until you have been driving for 15 minutes at a certain speed b/c it is broken and yet his butt gets warmed when he drives??!!! I did slide off the road once on the way to gymnastics, but really it was just b/c I was on a narrow road and a fire truck was passing and I stopped alone the side and the back slid off. No problem though b/c I threw it into 4 wheel drive and got myself out. I told Clark when I got home I would be driving the truck on snow days when I have to work. I think that is only fair. I am going to die in my car one of these days it sucks so bad on both snow and wet roads. Also, he needs to fix my heat in the van. If his butt and back can be warmed with seat warmers, the kids and I should not have to freeze in the van.
Nick's team won their game last night. It was his regular house league, so I think it may have been the first one they won. He was goalie and according to Clark gave up a few too many goals. He has All Star games tonight and tomorrow. I am upset about the one tomorrow b/c it is during church. I will let this slide this week but I will not be ok with hockey taking over church. That simply won't fly for me. Our priorities are not going to get that screwed up. It would have been ok if we could have gone to Saturday service, but there is a game then as well. Our church has 3 services on Sunday, but the timing of his game prevents us from going to any of them. I may or may not try and take the triplets to church myself. I am moving around great but not sure about getting them in and out of car yet.
I am still somewhat in shock with how great I am doing. I could not be happier really! This entire year has been so full of injuries and a very long drawn out 2 month depression. I am grateful it is all coming to an end. My depression has been over for a few weeks, and my mood is great (and normal again). I just never thought I would feel so physically great right after surgery. If you saw me out and about, you would have no clue I just had surgery. I am not using crutches. I am not limping (unless I have done too much and then only very very slight). I am driving. I am getting around the house fine. My leg hurts slightly if I take too big of a stride or go to fast. Going upstairs is fine. Going downstairs hurts a little more. I think I only took 2 pain pills yesterday. I took one just now after running around all morning. It is not like I think I could not go entirely without it, but I just keep thinking maybe I am pushing my luck and don't really want it to hurt more. I am so looking forward to what I hope will be a great injury free year in 2011.
I am thrilled to have a lot of my Christmas shopping done, and thrilled that what I do have left will not be done on crutches. I am still having a heck of a hard time coming up with stuff for big kids. I store everything at my mom and usually wrap over there so the kids don't see their gifts. I went over to my mom's today while Alexis was at gymnastics to check out what all I had. Nick and Alexis really have nothing it seems. I spent over an hour while at my mom's placing a Papo order for Nick. He has almost every one they make. I thought he was done with his knight/dragon/animal phase but recently he, and the other neighbor boys when they are over, have gotten into it. I figure those are still great toys b/c they last forever, and the triplets are just starting to like them. I was happy to find several new things, and they were cheaper than where we normally get them with no tax and free shipping. I love a deal. I checked out the gymnastics mat when I picked up Alexis, but I think I can order it cheaper from Amazon than buying it from the InterActive Academy, so I will order that today. I keep bugging Clark to order Nick's hockey jersey, but he hasn't done it yet. He is collecting all the teams and this year he wants Philadelphia Flyers. So I would still like a complete surprise gift for Nick and Alexis. Something they didn't think of but it really is just not going to happen this year. I just ordered this deluxe workshop thing from Step 2 online yesterday for the babies, so I feel like they will at least have a bigger gift Christmas morning. I love Step 2 products. We have a ton of them. They are durable and last a long time. I always wait for things to go on sale and love their deals of Christmas. I never buy anything where I have to pay for shipping. The workshop was the deal of the day yesterday (it was discounted with free shipping). Last year we got the Walk in Kitchen which was great. For a previous B.D. they got the Neighborhood fun center...also great! We got the Step 2 roller coaster 2 years ago I think. Loved it. I could be a spokes person for Step 2. They are also the makers of the famous triplet wagon!!! They stopped making it for awhile, but I saw it is back. I basically loves checking my email during this time b/c I am a sucker for what I think is a good deal. I love they gymboree jingle deals as well.
I wish I could come up with something for Clark but he is impossible to buy for, and every year I say the same thing...."let's not exchange gifts." I am usually just feeling so poor after the holiday season that I don't want us to exchange, plus we just buy what we want along the way (when things are on sale). It just seems silly b/c I can never come up with anything he wants anyhow. We need a new treadmill, but again, we can just go out and buy it. If there is something he wants he can just get it (within reason). I just bought myself all that scrapbook stuff, and that should count as my gift. My 2 carat diamond ring is still just going to have wait. It has been put off for 10 years, so what is another..ha ha ha. The only thing I would like to spend money on for us this year is fixing up the house, so I am not so embarrassed all the time. We need to just go room to room and finally get stuff to make it nice. Now that would be great!!!! Oh and he wants a cover for the back of his truck. I guess I can just tell him to go buy that, b/c I am not picking it out.
Well, I have rambled enough for now. If anyone has any great gift ideas for a 9 year old boy or 7 year old girl, leave a comment and let me know.
P.S. I anticipate that after the New Year, I will no longer continue this blog. It has served its purpose and provided me an outlet to express my thoughts during a difficult time in my life. Life is back to great. I am happy and very close to being able to say healthy. I am much less obsessed with FB. Finally, I can't imagine that many people actually wanting to read all my thoughts much longer anyhow.
20 days until Christmas
Weight still up 7 pounds:(
Christy---I will be sorry to see you stop writing. I just started reading your blog this week; found it through the hip preservation site. I'm thrilled your surgery went great and I hope you continue to improve. My 16 yr old daughter is set for surgery on the 21st: torn labrum, FAI, swimmer.
ReplyDeleteIf/when you stop writing, I'll miss you! PS I haven't read much before October, but maybe I should.
kms
KMS,
ReplyDeleteThanks. Except for a few close friends, I never know who reads my random thoughts. I will be thinking about your daughter and praying she has a great outcome from surgery and back to swimming soon! It is nice to have people going through the same thing to bounce things off of.
Oh and you didn't miss much before Oct. I just started this blog at the end of Sept!!