Saturday, October 22, 2011

Disney Day 4....Hollywood Studios

Day 4 we went to Hollywood Studios. We got there as soon as it opened and rushed to sign the boys up to become Padawans. If you do not do this right away, you lose your chance. We were thrilled to get our spots b/c we knew this would be one of their favorite things in all the trip. My kids LOVE Star Wars. Then we at the Disney's Play N Dine restaurant for breakfast. I do think this is one of the best places to dine for the little ones. We saw Little Einsteins, Handy Mandy, Oso. The kids have times where they get to get up and dance with the characters. It was was great fun. After breakfast we went to the Little Mermaid show and did the Star Tours ride. The kids loved it and Ryan was the spy. He thought that was funny. Finally it was time to become Padawans. The kids were going to fight Darth. They loved it. I thought the gal in charge of all the kids was great and really funny. The boys still talk about how they are official Padawans. Other things we did at this park included, Indiana Jones Show, Cars show (which this time had a part with Lightening McQueen so that was cool), Disney Live on Stage, Tower of Terror (yes I took my boys on this and they did GREAT). We also took at least 3 trips to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. Our big kids used to love this so I knew the boys would. We basically used it to bribe the boys all day (do this and we will take you back to the playground). For lunch we ate another sit down meal at the 50's Diner. We are less and less impressed by this place every time we go and next time it will be left off our list. The kids were horrible during lunch which didn't help. The day went rather fast and we simply ran out of time to do all we wanted. We lost our Toy Story fast pass b/c lunch took forever, so we never got to do that ride. The wait for it was 120 minutes. No chance we were going to stand in line for 2 hours. Ryan threw a fit whenever we stood in any line, let alone one that long. For dinner we ate at Melrose Place. This was something we just kind of picked for no reason. There were no characters. We almost changed it last minute and I am glad we did not. It was an Italian restaurant and the food was great. It was a nice change from the typical Disney food. I would have eaten a lot more (b/c my meal was awesome) but it was our 3rd sit down meal in a short period of time. I mentioned at the start of the day that I really wanted to see Fantasmic. When Clark told me that they recommended getting seats for the show 1.5 hours before it starts, I immediately said NO WAY. So after dinner we decided to run and check if Tower of Terror was available for a second trip. When we got there the wait was longer than I thought the kids could handle but the Fantasmic show we about to start. I said, "let's go to it and try and get a seat." I am glad we tried b/c there were plenty of seats and we didn't even have to wait 5 minutes before it started. It was a great show and the kids enjoyed it. The kids were all fast asleep in the bus as we had them going all day long once again!





















Day 5 (the last day) coming up tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment