Some days I am reminded that Clark and I can't possibly be doing the worst job ever in the parenting department b/c my kids turned out so darn good. My big kid's school does something called Eagle MVP (most valuable player). Last year this was Eagle Pride. Basically each quarter teachers select one boy and one girl from the classroom who demonstrated good character by making SPORT choices (Safe, Polite, On-task, Responsible, and Truthful). Last night I found out my Alexis was chosen by her teacher. Today I got a phone call from the technology teacher telling me out of all the students she was picking my Nick. She went on and on about what an awesome kid he is. I could not agree more!!! I am sort of sick to my stomach that I will miss their little celebration/announcement ceremony next week b/c while the big kids will be at school the triplets, Clark and I will be in Disney. Even the grandparents are out of town. I will instead get them some sort of surprise that they will get that night. I am not the kind of parent who pays for grades (I expect A's) but for something like this, they deserve a treat!! Nick and Alexis have both been selected every year. They are really really really great kids!!
I also got a call today from the triplets teacher (mostly to let me know Adam fell and hit his chin) but then she went on and on about how much they just love our boys and how well behaved they are. She said they would love to have them all 5 days of the week and not just the 3 they go (okay so that may have had to do more with money than the kids but still nice).
I am sooooo proud of my children! As hard as this parenting job is they are turning out to be amazing little people.
No comments:
Post a Comment