Sunday, January 20, 2013

Disney Day 4 continued

So my marathon post was so long with pictures that I decided to make a second post on what we did later that day. After the race we went back to our room. After getting cleaned up Clark promptly fell asleep. I tried, but it just wasn't happening so I went on our balcony and sat and watched all the other runners/walkers (since they went right by our resort). If I had more energy I would have gone back out to cheer them on. Instead I watched with awe as those people had now been out there for almost 6 to 7 hours. I was encouraging them and cheering them on the inside.

Here is a picture from my balcony where you can see the people coming in from near the Swan and Dolphin toward my resort!
Eventually I was starving so I made Clark get up and go get lunch with me. I felt a lot better after eating. My legs were tired and sore for sure, but I was surprised how well I was getting around. The difference between this race and Monumental (after which I really could not walk much at all for 2 days and hurt for almost a month) was that nothing cramped up at the end. The second I stopped from the Monumental marathon every muscle cramped. It was excruciating pain in addition to severe hip pain. I was relieved this did not happen this time b/c I knew there was still a lot of walking left to be done with the kids. After lunch we hung out watching football until my parents brought Nick and Alexis back. While we were running, they were at the beach and then downtown Disney so Nick could spend his money. He bought a Lego. Shocker! Alexis has a much harder time parting with her money so I don't know if she got anything that day. I was a little disappointed that my mom did not bring them to watch us in the race but I knew that would never happen. She hates my running and the only thing either her our my step dad said about it was when they took our kids before the half my step dad said, "well if you end up in the hospital let us know." Ummm..thanks! Once the kids returned, we walked to Epcot. It was already late in the day so we only had time to do a couple of things. First Clark took the kids on Mission to Mars. I opted out b/c I was not really feeling great after the run. Not so much pain but just felt sick and fuzzy?!? Here is a picture in front of that ride.
After that we hooked up with our friends and did test track. The wait was long, so that was kind of painful. I was still doing much better than the woman in front of us who also did the marathon (b/c she had a medal on). She was not walking well and kept kneeling down and falling asleep when we were stopped in line. She did not look good. Made me think I was doing alright! Here are some pictures while we waited in line. They did totally update this ride and now it is future cars and you even get to design your own car and test it out during the ride.
 
 
Once that was done we went to Tutto Italia for dinner. I know we did it opposite of what you are supposed to do (we carb loaded after). I think I drank like 10 diet pepsi's while I was there. Luckily my kidneys don't function all that great after I run (although much better still than after Monumental) so I didn't have to spend time in the restroom as a result of all my drinking. Here is a picture of my kids and David and Evan.
I think Nick felt no different than when the triplets were around b/c Evan was wanting to be by his side whenever our two families were together. He wanted to do anything Nick did. I would laugh when I would hear David yell at his brother and say, "hey he is MY best friend." Nick felt special.
Here is a picture of the 4 of us after dinner. No we did not wear all those medals around the park. We just put them on for the picture. Some people did wear all of them. That would have hurt my neck b/c they are heavy.
I think I look pretty tired at this point in the day!
 
 We stayed and watched the show on the water...Illuminations. Then we walked back to our hotel and I crashed!
 
There you have it. The conclusion of day 4! Great race and very happy to have my kids back!

1 comment:

  1. You SHOULD wear those medals every day! It's such an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete