So day 1.....half of day one was spent at home. Our flight did not leave until 4pm. Our friends Cathy and Alan (and their 2 kids) and my mom and step dad were also on our flight. Everything at the airport went smoothly. The kids had their usual Cold Stone ice cream.
The flight was fine. Clark sat on one side with the kids, and I sat on the other side with a stranger. That stranger was a college student at Ball State who was also going to Disney to run the Goofy. We talked running. It was all good. This was going to be her first marathon. After we got to Florida and were on our way to our resort via the Magical Express bus, I checked my phone and had to laugh at my sister's facebook status. Here is what she said,
"LMAO.... Currently my mom dad,sister,brother-in-law,neph ew & niece are on a plane together heading to Disney. While the triplets are here with us. So here comes the LMAO part. From the plane my mom sends me an email with the subject line reading only "death". So then I open the email to find details of info about her life insurance and other "important" info as she quotes "in case we all die in this bumpy plane" and then says " and on a good note this way you get to split the money 2 ways instead of 3 since your sister is on the plane with us.. have fun!" My mom is so not right."
Glad I was not sitting near my mom. I guess she was getting a little nervous with the few little bumps we had in flight. We had no trouble getting to our resort. Our friends were staying at Polynesian. We stayed at the Beach Club and my mom for the first night was at Wilderness Lodge. She just needed to make it complicated and stay somewhere different. Although it was already late when we got in and really our kids were just hungry and tired, my mom had different plans. She wanted all of us to come to her resort and eat a sit down dinner there. Since I felt like she was helping us out to watch our kids during our races, I said yes. So at 9:30 pm we sat down for a large family style meal. The restaurant was kind of fun in that the waiters/waitresses try and be mean in a joking way. My mom asked for some more iced tea and our waitress acted very disgusted with the request and brought her this GIANT mug of iced tea. Also if you ask for ketchup then you get all the ketchup from any table with ketchup. You can see what I mean from the picture. I was happy when they finally announced someone asked for ketchup so we could go dump it all on their table.
A picture of the ketchup and GIANT iced tea
Clark got pushed away from table and put in time out b/c he touched the hot plate after being told not to touch it!
After dinner we headed back to our resort to crash for the night! Stay tuned for day 2 recap tomorrow! I am sorry but with race reports (X2) this vacation blogging is going to get dragged out a little!!
No comments:
Post a Comment