Thursday, January 17, 2013

Disney Vacation: Day 2

 Day 2 of vacation was a busy one. Everyone met up in the morning to eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's. This is a popular character breakfast that we have done several times. It is good for seeing the characters, but they simply rush you thru so fast that for the money, I think it is a bit crazy. It is kind of like the mini marathon where I always say I will never do that again after doing it but then I find myself doing it again and again. Here are a few pictures from breakfast...
 
  
Nick and Alexis with with Donald 
 
 
 
 
 
After breakfast, Nick and Alexis went off with my parents and headed back to the Wilderness Lodge for a few hours of swimming. My mom does not ever take pictures (she is horrible at it), so I don't have any when the kids were with them. Cathy, Alan, Clark and I all headed off to the running expo to pick up our race bibs/packets. The expo was very crowded. We mostly bought official race merchandise stuff. I was very hesitant to buy any of the goofy stuff b/c at that point I was not sure I would be able to do any more than the half marathon, and I knew I would never wear a shirt/jacket suggesting I did the Goofy challenge if I really did not do it. At one point in the expo Clark went back to the first building to see if he could find something. They would not let him back in the expo without waiting in the huge line again. It was a mess. I was stuck inside alone with a billion people about to have a panic attack (never had one but felt like I was close) b/c I don't like crowds. Finally I got out of there, and we managed to find each other.  Here is a picture of Clark at the expo.  
We went from the expo back to the resort where my parents and kids were. Sounds like they had a great time swimming. From that resort we took a boat directly to the Magic Kingdom. Here we are on the boat. 
My parents watching us leave from the deck.  
 
Our day at the Magic Kingdom 
Clark's favorite ride is the tea cup ride. He made us do this first and he goes as fast as he can possibly go. Nick felt sick for a long time after this ride. I felt sick b/c Clark wanted me to record it on the phone video and that was hard to do when going so fast.  
Next we went to new Fantasyland and did the Ariel ride. It was okay but more geared toward little kids.  
The ride reminded me of the Nemo ride at Epcot. Sit in a shell and go around.  
 
Then we did the Buzz ride. 
 
Clark gets pretty competitive about his scores!! Here is a picture of Nick and his best friend David.  
 Some people wanted to do the tea cup ride again. Nick and I opted out this time.
We went on the car ride. Nick did not want to drive, so I did. Then he was mad the entire time b/c I would not run into the car in front of us. It is not a bumper car ride, and I am a stickler for rules.  
Alexis rode with Clark and yes they bumped into the back of us.  
 
Here is a fuzzy photo of me at the end of the day. We did several other things that I must not have taken pictures of. My parents ended up showing up late at the Magic Kingdom. Clark and I passed off the kids to them before the fireworks b/c we wanted to get back somewhat early since we had to get up at 2am the following morning on race day #1. The kids stayed for fireworks and then took off to go to my parents house near Tampa in a place called Sun City Center. I call it the old folks place.  
So there you have it. The end of day 2. We had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment