I have been putting off this post for awhile b/c I just wasn't sure what to write. The Christmas posts are easy. It was just a lot of pictures. After this weekend, I will have something to post about Alexis' BD b/c we are having a small family party on Sunday. Still my out with the old, in with the new post is not so easy.
2012 turned out to be a GREAT year! I am sort of sad to see it go. After the very beginning part of January I really did manage to have a completely drama free year (one of my goals). I don't think I pissed anyone off with my blog. I stuck with a lot my resolutions from last year. Specifically, I maintained my happy weight. My happy weight had changed (lowered a little) and since my vacation and holidays I am still 4-5 lbs heavier than I would like, but I will get there again (BW3 chicken wings tonight did not help). I had a goal of reading my Bible more. I did. I read the entire thing quickly, and now I am following a one year plan on my iPad and going much slower, digging in and taking notes, etc. I love it. It really is one of my favorite times of the day. I am also doing 3 Joyce Meyer's daily devotionals. One on my iPad, and then I found a book I bought at a garage sale that has one for every morning and every night. I am more openly passionate about God than I have ever been. While I did not go to Hawaii, I did have the most amazing vacation with my husband in Nov for his 50th BD in St. Lucia. It was wonderful and just what we needed to remind ourselves that 'oh my gosh without all the crazy distractions of life, we really do love each other and have fun together'....hahaha!
As for my running goals...I really met a lot of them. I went to Disney with Cathy and ran the Disney Princess. That was awesome. I did the mini with Clark and got a PR despite extreme heat. I attempted my first marathon in Cleveland and while the run was very eye opening and not my best performance...it was my first marathon and the entire group that went was soooo much fun. I did not run Carmel but could have...think I ran on Monon with Jaime that day. Would have done Carmel with Steph but she got preggo on me (and now has beautiful Lucy to show for it). I ran the Park to Park Relay and had the absolute best time with my team. Soooo much fun!!! I ran the Women's half with Cathy and got her to her first under 2 hour half (she has since beaten that time on her own). Finally I had the race of my life at Monumental. I ran (and I mean finally ran...as in NO walking) an entire marathon. I even had the pleasure of doing it with my friend Keith who did it as a "slow fun run." So no matter what this next year holds from a running standpoint, I had a GREAT running year in 2012. My best ever!!! One I will never ever forget. My daily miler counter was not entirely accurate. I ran 1239 miles in 2012 I think.
My kids were amazing in 2012. There were no major illnesses. No hospitalizations. No surgeries. I think we had less than 5 illnesses total among all 5 kids requiring any sort of antibiotics. I think we only had stitches 3 times and knock on wood we have still never had any broken bones. All 5 kids started school and are doing well. They are very very well behaved kids in school. 4 out 5 kids have gotten the Eagle pride (behavior award). The kids all started sports and are did great. Sure the driving is more insane than it has ever been but they are enjoying themselves. I am also pleased to say that I think Ryan is doing much better. He is a hard kid with lots of emotional breakdowns (not at school) but really when I stop to think about it....he is much better. Cryin Ryan is growing up finally!!!! Homework keeps us busy but we can now tell kids to go take bath and go to bed, and it just happens. I don't have to go up and turn on water or wash them anymore. I called Alexis my angel all year. I just want to freeze her. She is so helpful and kind and not yet a pre teen. Nick went thru a period of acting a little pre teen like but right now he is great!
Work is stable and unchanged. I actually made less this year so maybe that was a slight bummer, but otherwise the year was a good one. Clark had a good year. He enjoyed getting together for his now yearly bike ride with his California friends. All his siblings came this year as well. It was a bit of a bummer I was on call the entire time they were here. Actually call was still the worst part of our entire year. We are on call entirely too much b/c we have to do it separate. We were on call for many holidays including Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, NYE and others I am sure that I don't remember. So there is something that will be better in 2013...
So again.... I LOVED 2012! It was a GREAT year! I wish I could say that I was equally excited about 2013 but the reason I haven't been able to write this blog is b/c I think this year is going to be a tough one. We are having the worst flu season in a decade ( predictable b/c last year was so good) so work will be busy. I am picking up some Fridays during the spring when my partner has a baby. I have stalled or decreased with money while my friends seem to be improving. On a happy note, Clark will not be on call on Thursday's anymore b/c they are sharing call now during the week with the person that shares weekends. So he is every Wednesday and every 4th weekend. I am every Monday and every 4th weekend. If only we could overlap weekends. This does allow him to change hockey to Thursdays when new session starts. This way Sunday night will be a night (the only night) when the family is home. We will be having a family meal almost EVERY single Sunday. That makes me a very very happy mama! I might even start to try my hand at cooking...might!
I have NO running goals for 2013. What a change from last year. Let's see if I can get thru this part without tears. I just don't know what to expect. I have been off any consistent running since Oct 2012 due to left hip issues. I have what is called a pincer impingement and have tried therapy for awhile but often this problem requires surgery. I originally thought I had to wait 6 months for surgery due to insurance. That would have put things at a bad time for work when my partner was gone so I thought I was stuck waiting until June. Today I had another steroid injection and found out that since I have different insurance now, I don't have to wait the 6 months and could schedule surgery as soon as Feb. Actually I am on the schedule for Feb 14th. I have thought about little else all day. I have prayed about this. Emailed my PT and my partners (I didn't hear back from any of them:) Really trying to figure out what path God wants me to go on. There was no great option. Have surgery in Feb and essentially screw my partners b/c Feb is crazy busy in the world of peds and add the worst flu season in a decade and well....you get the picture. Last time I had this surgery I only missed a week of work. That was amazing. I am tough (or I like to think so) but there is a huge range of time people take off. I asked if I could be back to work in less than a week (surgery on Tuesday, work following Monday). They laughed and said, "knowing you, I wouldn't doubt it." I know I would push myself to be back ASAP which is likely less than a week but man without a knowing for sure....I think would be a selfish decision on my part b/c it is an elective surgery. One being done so I can run. The problem with June aside from the fact that it is forever away, is that it would prevent me from doing the Disneyland half in Sept. This would be no big deal if Clark and I were not going to Disney World next weekend for a race, and in order to get coast to coast medal have to do both in same year. Clark is doing this with our without me. We are taking big kids on this Disney World trip next week, and in September when we go to Disneyland we are taking the triplets. So then do I just push it off more and go more than an entire year without any real running???? Okay that is where the tears come in......I knew I would start crying just typing that. I know that I am not defined by whether or not I am a runner, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE running. It was something I enjoyed and one of the very few things in my life I felt good at. Ugh......last year was a running high for sure. This year is set to be a running low!!! No goals. No planned races except for the Goofy (b/c already paid for) that is unlikely to happen even from a walking standpoint. I will still attempt the half at a very very slow pace for me. I did not sign up for the mini. I will not sign up for anything except Disneyland which probably won't happen. Any other races I do will have to be ones that can be last minute sign ups depending on how I am at that time. Okay I gotta stop talking about this right now.................too upsetting! I am able to run a little right now. That is good. A few miles here and there with at least 2 days off between. It is improvement. I need to be happy with that!!!
Quickly other goals for 2013 (need to hurry b/c Landon is begging me to read a story). Read Bible again like mentioned above. Organize house (failed last year). Get a bike (also failed at this last year). Do a bike race with Clark and his California friends. Start Dave Ramsey budget plan (this is waiting until after Disney). Paint several walls. Scrapbook again at some point. Lose 5 lbs. Cook...maybe. Be more positive. Stay up on CME. Love my friends and family more! O.K. that is good enough for now. My kids want my attention.
If you are reading this list one goal you have in 2013 just so I know that somebody reads this....hahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment