Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quick Update

I always hate the post after I have taken a break from blogging. Never really know where to start back so I usually just give an update on all that has been going on with the family. Today will be no different.

Let's make this simple. I will start with me (the head of the household....just kidding). I am thrilled that January is over. I think I got a years worth of drama over within the first month, so life should be nice and boring for the remainder of 2012 (a girl can dream). I just finished up week 3 of my marathon training. Week 3 of 18 so still have forever to go. I won't feel at all good about things until I pass the week that has 15 miles as the long run (for which I will do either 14.5 or 16 but NO chance of a 15 miler for me since the only other 2 times I have run that far in my life, I broke). I have been doing all of my training on my home treadmill. This took some getting used to. Today I actually ran outside. It felt GREAT. My only issue is that I try and go too fast outside (today did 3.6 miles with pace of 7:49) which usually just leads me to an injury. Much slower on the T-mill. Next week my long run is 11 miles.  Hopeful it goes well.

I had my first visit with my new PT (physical therapist, aka: professional tormentor....just kidding. That name only applies if he ever tells me I can't run). His name is Shane but he secretly (or now not so secretly b/c I am blogging about it) wishes his name was Shawn so feel free to call him that. My first session went well. I am am now 3/3 with people giving me this dreadful look when I tell them my ileopsoas tendon was released. Basically Shane got to see first hand that I am really a total wimp with no sense of balance or core strength.  He examined my back to figure out my pain and agrees it seems muscular. I have pain where the gluteus muscles insert into the ileum. I likely have this b/c I have no core strength and possibly b/c I favor the right side (with the hip pain) putting more stress on my left lower back. He used the tools on my lower back. Either tooling of the back hurts much less than the legs or he is much more gentle than my former PT. I am going to go with it's a location thing b/c I always thought the hip tooling hurt way less than the shins or IT band stuff. Shane gave me a few new exercises that I need to do daily. I am going to be religious about doing my exercises and hanging on every word he says b/c I need to run this marathon. He also said no speed work for now. I am okay with this b/c speed is not my goal until after the marathon. We may in the near future re do the video running analysis. I personally would really like to do this b/c when I did it I was limping with a knee injury and I would venture to guess that my running may have changed some after my hip surgery. I am going back to see him again in a couple of weeks. Again, I think the first visit went great. I think it helped I already knew him (and his wife) personally. I also think once again God placed Jenny in the waiting area at just the right time b/c it was still hard to go back to the same place where I was fired. I was still very emotional when I left b/c it all just makes me super sad to think about.

Not a ton new for Clark. He has been sick this last week. Didn't help that he has been on call 5 days this week and had a few sad patient cases lately. I already posted the pictures from when he took the big kids to the NFL experience. I guess that was the highlight of his week. We did manage to have date night last night....sort of. It was date night plus one child. Alexis was throwing a fit about having to go to the depot so I let her go to the movies with us. We are way past the make out at the movies phase so it really was no different having her there. She and I finished off an entire large popcorn with little to no help from Clark.

Nick had a few hockey games last weekend. I was not on hockey duty, so I only made one of them. He won 2 games and lost 1. Sadly the one he lost, he was in goal. This weekend he only had one game. I can not tell you how happy that makes me. He played hard but they still lost. He was much more aggressive than I typically have seen him when he skates out. I was impressed. He even got a penalty. Of course I was taking one of the triplets to the bathroom at that time and missed it. Right now he is loving this warm weather and playing street hockey with the neighbor kids.



I don't think I have anything new to report with the triplets. They are totally annoyed with being called "the babies" so I am trying to change this. Landon did start back with his acting class. I mentioned this before but I will mention it again....I had nothing to do with this. My mother is convinced he is supposed to be an actor. No clue why she thinks this other than the fact that he is very social and likes to talk. I really want no part of it and have no time to have another child in something that is not at all close to our house (acting class is in Carmel). My mom takes him. The fact that I can't think of anything else to say about the triplets must mean it was a good week. Adam is kicking butt on his reading books in school. I think he is on level 8. Ryan on the other hand may never get past 3. School work is unlikely to be his strongest thing.

So that it that. It has been a lovely drama free week. Today there is some football game on that lots of people are watching later. Just kidding! It is Super Bowl day. I have been very impressed with all the positive comments about the Indianapolis NFL experience. I think our city did a very impressive job and consequently is getting the much deserved recognition for this. Tonight our close friends, Cathy and Alan are coming over to watch the game. Go Giants!!! (my brother lives in Boston so I feel slightly bad for saying that but not enough to change who I am cheering for).

No comments:

Post a Comment