Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sick Leave

Sick leave is my excuse for not having blogged about anything in days. I have been feeling kind of bad for about a week now. Just a cold that is hanging on for dear life. I did swab myself for strep b/c at times I have a wicked sore throat, but as expected (b/c I don't think I have ever had strep despite being exposed to it every single day I work) my test was negative. I got this illness from Clark who was sick for what seemed like forever. He is now better and completely went against my medical advice to finish his entire course of antibiotics. He said, "I continued it several days past when I felt better." Doctors really are the worst patients.

So how about the new cases of measles that keep seeming to pop up??? VACCINATE YOUR CHILDREN! Okay I am going to leave it at that but trust me when I say I have strong opinions about this!

Not a ton of interesting stuff has been going on with the Boccone clan. I was on call all weekend so Clark was on kid duty. He did a great job getting Nick to all 4 of his hockey games (which he won 3 out of 4) and Alexis to gymnastics. We did not do anything specific for Valentine's Day. It is not really a holiday that we ever celebrate. Usually one of us is always on call and it just was never a day I much cared for. I would much much much rather get flowers on some random day when not expected that on a day when everyone gets them just b/c it is Feb 14th. No offense (since he picked up some cheap ones on his way home) but it doesn't mean much to me. I didn't mind the chocolates simply b/c I have a huge sweet tooth. Anyhow, the day came and the day went and I think I spent less than 10 minutes with Clark b/c I got home at 9pm and went to bed shortly there after. I am very much looking forward to another date night with Clark where I feel like we actually spend some quality time together. I have also been really getting on him about choosing a vacation for this summer. Every time I go to work I see the summer weeks getting more and more picked over which means he has been getting more and more texts that say unless we pick something soon there aren't going to be any weeks left to take this summer. I would like an adult only vacation. I am thinking Hawaii or a Sandals trip. Honestly at this point as much as I would like to go to Hawaii the Sandals sounds better b/c it is all inclusive and you basically don't have to do anything. Not sure the vacation thing will actually get planned and happened but that is what I want. Given our soon to start experiment who knows (see previous post if you don't know what that refers to).

My running obviously has continued. I missed last nights run. It is harder and harder to force myself to run when I get home on Tuesdays. It is just so late b/c I have to get the big kids after work and I just have nothing left by time I hit the door. It is not as if I skip the run altogether. I just move the day. Which usually translates into me skipping any sort of cross training day. Bad I know... but reality I guess. I ran 6 miles this morning before my 9am PT appointment. I basically did 6 one mile repeats on the treadmill b/c my throat was hurting so bad that I just needed a one minute break in between to drink some water and mentally convince myself I could do another mile. At PT this morning things went well. I am still not 100% completely comfortable looking like a idiot in front of Shane (meaning I get a little nervous before I go) but I know that won't last long. I just have no sense of balance or coordination (and trying to move my arms and legs together at the same time can be challenging...hahaha). I was even so bad that we had to change from the normal balance ball thing to the old lady mat. Then I was still so awful that he put this HUGE mirror in front of me to let me see just how goofy I really looked. He did offer to cover the top half of the mirror after my comment that I try and avoid mirrors at all costs. He taught me a 3 new exercises (the first of which I can't remember for the life of me right now but hope when I go to do it, it comes back to me).  He then did the tools and stretched my IT band on the left. His main plan with me it to "tweak me" so that I don't get injured and.......here is my favorite part of anything he said today (the not getting injured was a very close second)............make me faster. Who doesn't want to hear that?? I meet with him again next Friday. Last week he got to work with the nervous first time Christy. This week, he got to work with the sick, husky voiced Christy. Next week I hope he is prepared to work with the SUPER happy, very excited, almost giddy Christy b/c I am seeing him hours before I board a plane for a weekend away with my best friend, no kids, nice resort, massage, and race. It is a lot to handle I know. Aside from my exercises, I also have homework. I have to figure out my running cadence (basically how many steps I take per minute). I think that was all the main points from PT today. Well, I guess he did say one other thing. He thought that since it hurts when I push on this one spot on my bone (something I keep complaining about) maybe (just maybe) I should stop pushing on it. Good point!

I think that is enough blogging for today. I hope everyone is having a happy mid week!
P.S. Alexis officially knows there is no tooth fairy as she told me all about how she saw Clark put the money under her pillow. I replied, "great I guess we don't have to keep paying you $10 every time you lose a tooth." She did not like that response.

No comments:

Post a Comment