I am in a slump lately. Woke up with a sore throat and am sitting here writing a post just to avoid the treadmill a little longer. I have to run. Really not an option since last week I skipped my cross training day and this week I already skipped my 3 mile run last night (actually I just moved it to tomorrow in my mind). On the schedule for today is a 6 mile run. Ugh... that just sounds miserable right now. Considering I gained 9 pounds last week it shouldn't matter how I feel....I need the T-mill. My weight is all over the place lately. It seems I lose weight with drama and gain weight when in a slump. Honestly it is no big shock I gained 9 pounds b/c I have eaten sooooo much crap this last week. Must lose before Disney:)
Speaking of Disney.... I am getting super excited for my weekend away with Cathy. I know we are going to a place surrounded by little children but none of them belong to us. We are pampering ourselves and letting all the rest of our worries go away (at least for a few days). Cathy has been great in making nearly ALL of our reservations since I won't make phone calls. I think all our dinners are reserved. We even have a 50 min marathon massage scheduled for the evening of race day. Our resort (Saratoga Springs) is known for its spa so I hope it doesn't disappoint. Honestly this weekend could can not come fast enough.
Nothing else special planned for the rest of the week. Clark and I are once again in the middle of a horrible stretch of call. Out of 15 days there are only 2 where one of us is not on call. I am on call this weekend. I can't even begin to say how much I am dreading it. It is the last of my very long stretch of every 3rd weekend calls. I personally am just going through another phase of not wanting to do this anymore. Probably doesn't help that I ran into my friend from residency, Scott, while waiting for Alexis one night and we discussed how it sounds like out of all my friends, I by far have the worst call schedule. Ugh....how did that happen for a girl who swore she was never going to work in the first place? I am sure this would not seem so bad if Clark and I could overlap call weekends, but we simply can't given the nature of our jobs and the fact that we have to have kid coverage. Also might be better if I didn't spend so much of my other time driving (whether it be to work or kids sports). Clark absolutely hates when I get in these moods (these moods that are so predictable and timed with call weekends). All he ever says is, "what do you want me to do about it?" He is never very pleased with my response of "make more money so I can stop working or move me up north."
This talking about work leads me to another thought. It is all over the news so why not mention it here on my blog. I guess before I do let me state that these are my opinions and never is anything I write on my blog reflect the opinions of the company for which I work. After writing the social media policy for work I realized I should be saying that more (either that or make it a permanent statement in my profile). The measles have finally hit very close to home. If you don't know what I am talking about watch any news channel. We are seeing diseases that I should never have to see if people would just vaccinate. Vaccines save lives. We have the means to prevent some very contagious and dangerous diseases and more and more people are opting not to take advantage of that prevention. There you have it....my opinion....which is that you should vaccinate your children!
I imagine this blog is going to get very boring. After the holidays there just aren't any major events to blog about for awhile. Sure I will blog Disney just like every other vacation but until then.....not much to say.
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment