Whooo hooooo! My week 5 long run is done. I don't know why but this morning I was totally dreading this long run. As you can tell from facebook I was having a little pity party about having to run all by myself....boo hooo! I really don't know what my problem was. I mean look outside. It is the PERFECT running weather. Cool but not too cool. Minimal wind. Sunny. Seriously I feel kind of bad for complaining (not about the wanting to move up North part though)!! I felt okay for this run. My illness is subsiding. My legs gave me a little trouble but tolerable. My side/back hurts a lot now. I think my facebook comment about needing to borrow God's legs for the last 5 miles jinxed me b/c when I had 5 miles to go my left IT band started acting up. I thought I was doomed b/c last time it started when I had only 2 miles left and those 2 miles hurt like heck but his time while it started earlier it was less intense and actually I didn't feel it a lot for the last 2 miles. As for my time. I am pleased with my overall average pace (although it would have been nice for my pace to be 3 seconds less).
I ran 12 miles. Much of the time I run I am thinking of how many ways I can divide this 12 mile run. I basically break it down a million ways. I have about 5 or 6 countdowns (depending on the breakdown...for example, miles, laps, when I get a drink, etc etc etc) going on in my brain. Now that my loop is no longer a perfect mile I have to figure out just when I need to look at my Garmin so I don't miss the mile split. I missed it only once today. Mile 5. I would not have been happy looking down at my mile 5 split anyhow:) I do spent a significant amount of time talking with God. I try to spend more time asking for forgiveness of sins and thanking him for all the many ways he provides for me and my family than I do begging him to keep my legs moving.
So here is the breakdown: Again I ran 12 miles (exactly....I stop EXACTLY when I get to 12...no need to do more:) Average pace was 8:02 (darn that extra 2 seconds)
Mile1: 8:10
Mile 2: 8:09
Mile 3: 8:14 (yikes)
Mile 4: 8:01
Mile 5: 8:10
Mile 6: 7:54 (now we're talking)
Mile 7: 8:07 (okay maybe not)
Mile 8: 8:06
Mile 9: 8:00
Mile 10: 7:48
Mile 11: 7:50
Mile 12: 7:51 (bummer.....I always try to make my last mile my faster...not even close today. I sort of blame that on the fact that my last mile I was running randomly all of the place trying to finish out the mile since another entire loop would have been too long.....either that or I just suck).
Well, we have a busy weekend ahead. Hockey tournament in Fort Wayne all weekend and a gymnastics meet tomorrow. Hopefully my weekend posts (which might be delayed given how busy we are going to be) will start to include pictures again. Trust me when I say you don't want me to post pictures of me after a run.
HAVE A HAPPY WEEKEND!
No comments:
Post a Comment