I have so neglected this blog lately. I just can't seem to get back into the swing of things since "ending it" a few weeks ago. I honestly have been feeling less than stellar for the last several weeks. First it was the never ending cold. Now I am dealing with nausea and a toothache. I know it has been weeks b/c that seems to be the only thing I have written about on here. It is funny how all this works. I really feel like I am not a sickly person. Injury prone yes but sick...no! What always seems to happen though is that any sort of illness I am going to have comes after a period of stress. Dec and Jan were horrible for me with 3 drama filled stressors back to back to back. All that ended and there has been no sign of stress in weeks and that is when my body decides to shut down. Go figure. Now I just don't have any sign of energy at all. Clark thinks I sleep all the time and am like his whiny patients who think something is wrong with them due to their lack of energy. I don't think I am dying of cancer or anything but I do find my lack of energy at least annoying. I obviously get plenty of exercise. I am getting enough sleep. I have never eaten great so at least no change there. I don't feel even a tiny bit sad about anything (meaning NO I am not AT ALL depressed). I don't even feel anxious about anything right now. Just run down. Oh well, I am sure I will bounce back soon. Life must go on right?? Oh and let me just say this again. I am not pregnant. I think that is the first thing people think of when I complain about being tired and so nauseated that I had to run out of a patient room no Tuesday and had to have Clark bring a chair in the bathroom while I did my hair this morning. I see why they think that. Aside from the fact that there will never be a number 6 growing inside my stomach that is exactly how I feel. I am not but will still take a test if Clark can ever remember to bring one home. See...even he is not worried about that. Let's just say we are pretty protected from that:)
Speaking of pregnancies however, I can finally say on my blog that one of my best friends, Stephanie, is in fact preggo with number 4. I still love Clark's response when I told him. He said, "on purpose." Yes dear some people have more than 3 children on purpose. Just b/c our 4th/5th were a complete shock to our system does not mean nobody tries for more. I love calling people out on their pregnancies. I called a nurse out very early in her pregnancy at work. Then figured it out with Steph on the way to the Mystery dinner. She was complaining about some symptoms and I suggested she skip the drinking and take a test. She called me the following day. Super excited for her!!! Both Steph and my nurse made me keep this secret for weeks. Nearly killed me but while I suck at keeping anything personal private (the second I know I am pregnant so does everyone else) I am great at keeping other people's secrets. The only downside to Steph's pregnancy is that she was supposed to run 2 mini marathons with me this year. I already blogged it in my 2012 running goals. I will say it did take a little pressure off me b/c I was feeling guilty that I signed up for a marathon the same weekend as Geist. I had told her originally we would do that together. See really I was just predicting the future....
As for my marathon training. Given the way I feel it has not exactly been going according to plan. I have been getting all the long runs in but have missed at least one 3 mile run each week and cross training has just gone out the window. Yesterday I did do the mid week 6 mile run. I ran outside and felt like it should have been really easy since it was half of the run I did last Friday. Nope it felt hard the entire way. My overall pace was 7:53 but I would have sworn I was crawling. Not a leg issue (although my right leg is acting up...but my back seems much improved.....of course). Just that feeling crummy issue. This weekend is the Disney princess. I leave tomorrow. I hope and pray that I feel well for the race. Of course the weather goes from sunny and 80's to rainy and 60's best low70's while we are there. What kind of luck is that?? Mine.... Still super excited for the weekend away. Have a lot of packing still to do.
This last weekend was full of kids sports once again. Clark left on Friday to get Nick to a hockey tournament in Fort Wayne. My sister was kind enough to keep the triplets all weekend. Sounds like they had a great time. Went to a school festival and got to do human bowling. They usually never want to leave Aunt Tammy's house it is so much fun. Alexis and I spent Friday night with NO boys in the house. Actually Friday night we went to Bible study which was lots of fun. The group found out all kinds of interesting things about me. This group is so perfect for me b/c they really are unshockable. Love them all!
Saturday Alexis had a gymnastics's meet. She actually had a great meet. She started on bars which is potentially one of her best events but she didn't do a great job on the dismount and only got a 8.875 which ended up being 5th place. I was worried with that start but in the end she had a good solid performance on everything. On beam she got a 9.05 which was 4th (and the first 9 she has gotten on beam). On vault she got 9.225 (her highest this year). On floor she got 9.425 (or 9.45...don't remember). This tied for her highest floor routine but she got a FIRST place at this meet. She was soooooo excited. It is not an easy task to get a first. I hear she looked beautiful while she was doing her floor routine. No I still did not watch a single event. The other parents can continue to think I am crazy but it works so why would I want to screw that up now. Had I watched, she would have probably fallen. I am still there to give her thumbs up and huge smiles and blow kisses as soon as she is done. Some of the parents now even like to torture me by lying and saying, "oh she just ran into the mat, etc etc." Here are a couple of pictures I took at the end.
Here is Alexis with her best friend Kaitlyn.
Here was Alexis getting 5th on bars. She looks just as happy with 5th as she does with first. She is my always happy child.
Here is Alexis getting her first place on floor! She that smile. She was glowing!
After the meet, she had I took off to try and make Nick's hockey games. We got to Ft. Wayne with one minute left in his second game. The tournament did not go so well for the Indy All Stars. Nick was not in goal the first 2 games. Of that they lost one and won one. There were only 3 teams and so you played each team twice. As soon as I got there, the other goalies mom came up to me and basically warned me that Nick was about to get killed at the next game b/c that team was so good. Great... Just what I want to hear before my son is in goal. That night while they didn't win he certainly didn't get killed. I think the score was 3:1. He did great. Actually his entire team played great for that game. Too bad the following morning they really didn't look like they showed up to play at all and they lost the morning game meaning we were going home before the Championship game. I was okay with all of it b/c at no point did it seem like it was all Nick's fault. Here are a couple of pictures from Ft. Wayne. The first obiously the kids having fun in hotel pool.
The only other thing that happened to Nick this week was that during a parents against kids scrimmage on Monday one of the coaches took a slap shot against him in goal and the puck found its way in nearly the only seemingly unprotected place in that goalie gear. It went above his pads and under his neck guard and hit him right in the very upper chest/neck area. NOT GOOD! Talk about a critical area to get him. He had a cut from the puck and I think it knocked the wind out of him b/c Clark said he was sobbing at first but he is fine. Still this exact same thing happened to him last year. You would think that with how expensive hockey goalie gear is it would protect the neck/chest! Oh well...glad he was fine. He even went back out and played more. That's my boy!
I am sure I have more that I could ramble on about but it is almost time to get the big kids from school and make the 2nd of 3 trips up north for the day. Maybe there is something in my car making me sick...hahaha...I do spend a lot of time in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment