Today (our last official girl day) started by going to the gym. I was pleasantly surprised that although army man was there, I never saw him!! I ran 8 miles on the treadmill. It went fine, and I never had to stop except when I needed to restart the treadmill b/c it will only allow you to do one hour. After that we came home, ate lunch quickly and headed to Stephanie's house for a swim date. Stephanie's daughter Maddie and Alexis are the same age so it was great that she had someone to play with and I could have some adult time talking with Steph. All 4 of us girls had a great time.
I think it is so funny how much smaller Maddie is. They are the same age. Maddie only looks like she is 4 years old:)
Here is a picture of Stephanie's very cute preggo belly (33 weeks and counting). She is so darn tiny even pregnant.....This is going to be her 4th child! I have told her from the start that she was crazy:)
Here we are just chillin'
After our swim date, Alexis and I went to Dick's to get her new tennis shoes for school. She got some hot pink ones. I had to pick up some power bar gels and honey stingers b/c I was out of most of my long run fuel foods. Annoys me how expensive they are so since I have been back home I have ordered some off Amazon for cheaper (and now I will be stocked for at least a month or more). I also couldn't leave Dick's without new running clothes. No matter how hard I try to walk past that section, I just can't do it. I don't have a lot of shoes like some girls..... After Dick's I had to take Alexis to her 4 hour practice. Tonight she is going home to spend the night with Jaime (and her daughter Kaitlyn) so that I can meet Jaime early in morning on the Monon for our long run. My legs are going to feel it after this. I just ran 8 miles at 9am and now less than 24 hours later I am making them go another 16. Much like our last long run of 14 miles (not counting our recovery week), Jaime is freaking out about the heat. She has already convinced herself she won't be able to do it.....so much so that I seriously doubt she will. What she wants to run out 4 and then back 4 and see how she feels. If okay.. continue. If dying from heat, she wants us to go to her gym ( I think I still have a free pass somewhere) and finish the run on the T-mill. Having just done 8 on a T-mill today, I am not at all excited about this option, but I will do whatever she wants to do. I just want to get the 16 in. I do not feel good about tomorrow's long run. Normally, I love the long run. Hope things go better than expected!!
Well since I need to catch up on things around the house, I will end this here. Happy running to all those training for something. Happy day to all those not!
No comments:
Post a Comment