In Alexis' mind, our girl time actually started last Wednesday b/c the triplets go to camp during the day and it was well....just us girls. She has let me know in not so subtle ways that she wants to do A LOT this week. Basically she wants my undivided attention!! Wednesday, we kicked off girl's week by going to the gym so I could run. She doesn't mind and enjoys doing the crafts in child watch. She thoroughly enjoyed hearing all about army man who makes me uncomfortable at the gym. She now knows to be on the look out for his motorcycle. Wednesday I avoided him b/c as soon as I walked in and he was standing there, I realized I forgot my earphones and back the car I went. Then I never once got off the treadmill until I was done and leaving! Alexis thinks this is hilarious!! After the gym we went to the pool and hung out for a few hours. I didn't do a lot but must have watched her more than normal and shared my magazines, etc b/c when we got home she just kept saying, "That was fun." That evening I took her to gymnastics and she got to spend the night with her best friend Kaitlyn. She LOVES that!
Wednesday night sadly I was up all night feeling a bit like I got hit by a truck. Just a bad head cold that I thought was happening at the worst time. I rarely get sick and knew that no matter how bad I was feeling, girl week must go on (so as to not disappoint one little princess). Thursday, I met Jaime (Kaitlyn's mom)and we did our long run of 10 miles on the Monon. Then we headed back to Jaime's house to get ready to go to the Carmel water park. I then basically laid on a lounge chair thinking my head would explode for the next several hours while Alexis was having a ton of fun with Kaitlyn. She had a great time. The evening was all about trying to pack the boys and usual routine stuff.
Here are the girls sharing a drink!
Here we are to Saturday when the real girl time starts. The house is quiet. Ahhhhhhh!!!! I sent my friend Jenny a text earlier and said, "It is so quiet I think I have died and gone to Heaven." Don't take offense to that comment. I do love my boys and am sure I will miss them soon but for now...Heaven!! Alexis has already warned me that she was not up for riding along with me during an 8 mile run. Luckily both Clark and I got our work outs in before he left. He got up early and rode 30 miles and then when he walked in the door, I walked out to do my 8 mile run. Happy to have that checked off. Once the boys left, Alexis went to shower and get ready for our movie. She was adorable when she came down. She picked an outfit (and was soooo excited) b/c it matched me. She wanted us to be twins.... Then we went and saw the Katy Perry movie. I gotta say... I liked this movie. Actually, I really liked this movie. It was interesting and anytime you see earphones in while I am riding a bike I am listening to Katy Perry radio on Pandora. Now I don't have to agree with all her personal beliefs to think she is a great entertainer and singer. I love that she writes her own songs and that they really are reflective of whatever is going on in her life. I like that she is comfortable just being her. While I am not at all the concert going type of person (too many people for me), her shows look like tons of fun!! I think Alexis enjoyed the movie. Very colorful. Lots of dancing and singing. What little girl doesn't love that. Tonight we are staying in. It is our only real downtime of the week. The new McKenna (an American girl doll who is a gymnast) movie is on TV tonight and that's our plan. We were going to eat out but decided that since we will be doing that so much of the rest of the time, we should stay home.
Here is Alexis' attempt to be my twin!
Lucky for her this just so happens to match her nails.
Just a picture of all the painted nails.
At the movies!!
I will continue our girl week blog posts as things come up. We have plans to be very busy! I am hoping that since I won't be sleeping with anyone snoring next to me, my nights are restful, and I am able to keep up with my princess!
Training update: Running is going well. Haven't missed a work out yet. Sometimes have to swap days to make it work but get it all in. Slow and steady it how I think about this training. Runs are slower but maybe that is why I am holding together better (except my stupid plantar fasciitis that makes me want to curse while taking my first few steps each day). Last week I did 34 miles. This week was a recovery week and I only will do 30 once done. Next week the mileage really starts to pick up and I will be in the 40's. It is a lot of running. More than I have ever done, but so far so good. I also started logging all my calories and exercise on MyFitnessPal. Basically when I see a certain number on the scale a siren goes off in my head and I realize things HAVE to change. I have been back at it for a few days and the weight does come off. It is a fairly simple concept folks....log calories and exercise and if you take in less than you burn off... you will lose weight. Crazy to be made aware of just how many calories are in things. I am not saying it is easy b/c I am hungry, but it works. I was proud of myself at the movies. I did not get popcorn and instead had 12 skittles during the movie (that is 52 calories, 4 calories per skittle in case you wondered). Okay this is long enough. We can talk food and diet another day. The most amazing little girl needs my attention............
No comments:
Post a Comment