Thursday, July 5, 2012

Temporary Break

So it seems as though I have not blogged in forever. Part of that is because life is busy. Part of it is because I am just sort of ready for a break from the blogging world (this time there was NO drama of any kind to spark my feelings of needing a break.....in fact I am super happy with my drama free blog/life right now). Finally and probably the biggest reason for my blogging absence is that Clark has been jacking around so much with the computers, I am never sure if I am allowed to use it yet or not. He basically wiped our main computer and is starting over b/c we are tired of how slow it is. Now I have no clue exactly what that means, but what I do know is that I don't know where any of my pictures are!! I also can't get the darn laptop to work either.

Back to the life is busy part. Clark and I recently ended a 13 day continuous call stretch between the two of us. That was pretty much a horrible stretch of time. Babyland has been crazy busy so if he is on call (which he is tonight), I don't see him at all really. I think my last blog was about the big kids going to Camp Allendale. This is a church camp and their first ever overnight camp. They had a great time. Alexis said it was, "amazing." Nick just kept saying, "so so." He had to say that b/c he was so sure he was going to hate it. I saw him during pick up, and he was happy. He looked like he was having fun. He talked about the camp like he had a lot of fun. I don't really buy this "so so" talk. Still he says he is not going back next year. We will just see about that. I had no doubts Alexis would love it. He did say he loved the part about learning more about God and Jesus. That was the most important part... so mission accomplished:)

I picked up Nick and Alexis on noon last Friday. I had exactly 24 hours with them (well not exactly b/c I was on call and working many of those hours) before they left again. Saturday they left with my parents for a week in Canada. I just want them to come home. I miss them like CRAZY!! Also last Friday Clark's siblings came to town for 5 days. That deserves a blog all on it's own once I can figure out how to upload and get to my pictures. I will try and get that done this weekend. Actually it would be better if Clark did a guest blog and wrote about it b/c I was working the entire time and missed out on most of everything. That will be easy to tell on my blog about their trip when I don't know a ton of details and there are very few photos (b/c Clark never takes many).  His family left yesterday morning and the triplets are already missing them and all the extra attention they got when the family was here.

Nick and Alexis are getting home around midnight tomorrow. This time Alexis is home to stay. Nick however is home for only one day, and on Sunday heads back to Canada for another week on the island and then a week of hockey camp (in Canada with Clark). Never again is my child leaving me for so long in the summer. 4 weeks.....TOO LONG!! Alexis would have loved to go back for another week, but she just can't miss that much gymnastics. Let me rephrase that...she doesn't want to miss that much gymnastics. Nick is missing hockey all this time (except for when he is at the goalie camp) and he has no problem with that.

I have still been training. This heat wave we are having has been making it a little more difficult, but I am still following my schedule. I am having to do more treadmill runs that I would like. Part of that is the heat and part is b/c of schedule issues. I am following the Hal Higdon Intermediate 2 training program (with a shift of the days to work for me). I am going much slower but running more miles. Basically I do anywhere from 30-50 miles per week. Still trying to do most of my long runs with Jaime. Normally this happens on Thursday, but this week it is going to happen when the sun comes up on Saturday morning on the Monon. My body is holding up okay. I am starting to feel my plantar fasciitis trying to come back. So far it just hurts in the morning and not for long. My right hip notices that I am running a lot, BUT is happier that I am going slower. I am not on any mobic right now but do have to take Aleve (more days than not). Not sure if that is a lot better, but it allows me to run pain free for the most part, so I am happy.  The only other health issue (which is only starting to bug me and not something anyone else has seemed to notice) is that in addition to my memory issues that I have always talked about. In case you don't know what I am talking about...I have been sure forever that I have early onset Alzheimer's b/c my memory is so bad. Everyone always says it is b/c I have so much going on all the time. Who knows..... Anyhow, I lately seem to be dropping a lot. I can have something in my hand and then I just drop it. It is not like I feel anything wrong with my hand... I just drop it. Mostly just keys and pens and stuff like that. My hands feel fine otherwise, but I am finding it weird, and I don't like it!

Clark seems really unprepared for his upcoming bike trip with his guy friends. He has hardly had any time to train and his 80 mile race in Colorado is in less than a month. He did go out for 35 miles yesterday and Sunday is hoping to do 60-70 miles, but considering he is gone for a week of hockey camp, he is not getting much in besides that.

Okay so that is all I have time for right now. I will post about Clark's family visit soon! Hope everyone is having a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment