I'm ready. I have had almost a week without boys and now I am thinking they can't get home soon enough. I spoke with my mom yesterday just after they left the island. Things were a little delayed and so it is going to be later than expected. I guess Adam is very sick. He needs his mama. I guess he started with vomiting and diarrhea and my latest update from my sister (who is better talking to my mom on the phone so I prefer just to hear things from her), he has been vomiting every hour since. My mom did call me last night and asked if I wanted her to "dump Adam with Clark" when they drove by the town in Canada that he and Nick are doing their hockey camp. Ummmm... really??!! NO! I don't want you to "dump" my sick kid with my husband. I didn't even try and follow her logic there. She said it was b/c maybe he would want to take him to the hospital. Let's think about this. Clark is at hockey camp. A camp we paid A LOT of money for. He has been wanting to do this camp with Nick like forever!! So again...NO!! As for the hospital thing.......my parents are ER doctors. While my mom and I don't agree with ANYthing in the medical field, I feel confident that they can handle a child who is vomiting. Doesn't sound like fun, and I feel horrible for all involved (mostly my child who must feel like absolute crap vomiting all over the place every hour while being stuck in a car for 15 hours). I am sorry this has made for a hellish drive. I am sorry he has gone through all his clothes and you had to stop and buy him more BUT, I need him to get home. I need to take care of my sick little man. I need to assess the situation myself. So for Adam's sake they can not get here soon enough.
Huge thanks in advance to my neighbor Julie who found out that I was going to have to wake Alexis up at 12:30am b/c I have to go meet my parents and get the boys. She called and offered to keep Alexis for the night, so that I would not have to do that. I tried to say no at least 10 times but after living next to Julie for 5 years I have learned that I almost never win a battle like that with her. I love my friends and family. There really is no way I could raise these kids without them! Village right?? This weekend will be much of the same. Relying on Stephanie for help with Alexis Saturday while I work and my mom has to watch the boys. I am on call and Clark is in Canada. Gonna suck! Ugh......
Training update:
Things are still going well. Here is what I have been doing lately.
Last Wed: 7 miles on TM at gym
Last Thurs: 10 miles on Monon
Friday: cross with 1 hour on bike at gym
Saturday: 8 miles outside (switched the Sat/Sun runs)
Sunday: 4 miles on TM at home
Mon: 4 miles on TM at gym
Tues: REST (Tuesday is now my official rest day. Used to be Monday on old training plan but had to change it up)
Wed: 8 miles on TM at gym
Thurs: 16 miles on monon with Jaime. Love, love love my long run days!!
Friday: Should be going to gym for cross day.......sounds like that is NOT going to happen. Will figure something out here at home.
Here is what I look like with no make up and soaking wet after a 16 mile run. This is one of the running outfits I bought yesterday.
The mileage really starts to pick up now. This plan seems to be all about doing long runs on tired legs. I have at least three 20 mile runs and those weeks I have 10 mile runs the day before and 10 mile runs 3 days later. I am up for this challenge. Again going a lot slower which is fine with me right now! Even if my next marathon time is slower but I walk MUCH less of it, I will be happy (for that race....then I will work on time once I have conquered the distance).
I have also started logging all my calories again. I have used the myfitnesspal app religiously for over a week. It works. I have not gone over my calories yet. It is hard but makes me love my exercise days all the more b/c I can eat more. It was great getting 1600 extra calories today (not that I will eat them all).
Well that is all I have for today. Anxiously awaiting the return on my trio!!! Speaking of anxious.....have I mentioned yet that school starts in 2 weeks. I am already losing sleep due to my anxiety about how this next year is going to go.........
No comments:
Post a Comment