Monday, July 16, 2012

Shopping Spree

It is probably a good thing I have only one daughter b/c the one I have LOVES to shop. Today was our day to go school clothes shopping.  I think calling it "school clothes shopping" is just an excuse to shop b/c she has a entire closet full of clothes that she can wear to school. It is not like she has to wear a uniform or anything. Normally my mom takes her shopping for clothes before school but since we had a girls week to plan, this is what she wanted to do with me.

I took today as a vacation day from work. We started our day by going to the gym. I just needed to get my quick work out in before we were gone the rest of the day. I was so hoping that since it was a Monday maybe army man would not be there. I didn't know b/c I never go on a Monday. Turns out Mondays are really crowded days and while army man was no where in sight when I got there, he was when I was leaving. He was standing right by where I had to get my stuff to leave so no avoiding him. I kept the conversation short. Basically he pointed out that my work out was rather short and asked if I was already leaving. I wanted to scream back that he doesn't know how long I have been there and maybe I had been there for hours and really it is none of his business... instead I just smiled and agreed that yep it was a short one. I seriously don't know why he annoys me so much. He really is harmless!

Alexis and I made a quick 10 minute stop at home to freshen up. Then we headed up to Clay Terrace Mall to shop. We first ate lunch at Paradise Cafe to get some energy to power shop. Then we hit a few stores. Alexis seemed to be loving this experience. She was having fun trying on things and liked everything she saw. I think she just liked the idea of buying things b/c never once did I point out something that she said she didn't like. She did get a little annoyed with me at the Crazy 8 when I was spending more time looking for boys things. Luckily for my bank account we were on a time limit b/c of gymnastics. We only  made it in 3 stores before we had to leave. I almost cried as I had to walk past WHBM without going in b/c today was not about me....just kidding!!!

Here we are eating lunch!

 Yep I buy cheap clothes!!
 Alexis never really gets to experience dressing rooms unless with my mom b/c I do almost all my shopping for kids clothes online. What I learned today at gymboree was that sometimes it is good to go in the store since often the price on the tag (even the discounted price) is not really the price and nearly everything I bought was cheaper. That made it cheaper than if I had bought it online.

 Finally we had time for Justice. Again. I walk in that store and I swear I am going to have a seizure it is so colorful and everything has shiny stuff/sparkles, etc. We got a couple more things and then I told her she could have grandma take her back::))


Before we had to leave for gymnastics, we made one last stop at Cold Stone. Alexis really wanted some. I am not much of an ice cream fan but Clark is, and so usually it is Clark taking them to ice cream shops. I was slightly disgusted when she got coffee ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. I guess this is her favorite at this place. She enjoyed it and I was happy that she picked something that I would not want to sneak bites of. Then it was time for gymnastics. Now I asked her no less than 2 times to make sure she had her leotard when we left the house.  Still when we were in the car and I asked one last time if she had it on the way, she did that famous look all around and swear it must be there somewhere act. Basically she forgot it at home. There was no way we were driving all the way home and back. We ended up having to buy a new one, and I am making her pay me half b/c those things are not cheap.


While she was at her 4 hour practice. I went to my mom's to hang out. Since she is in Canada with my trio I figured it would be nice and relaxing. When I got there, my sister and Kim were there so I ended up talking with them for a long time. Then I went to Subway. Then I decided that since it was girl's week Alexis would really like it if I went to gymnastics and just watched her. I made it back for the last hour. Jaime was there and so I am not sure how much I actually was paying attention. Instead Jaime and I spent the hour talking about running and working out, etc. She is already freaking herself out about our upcoming 16 mile run. She is kicking butt on all these speed work outs she is doing but has some mental block with the long run. It will be fine. Right now I think the only thought that will be going thru my mind will be....1600 extra calories...1600 extra calories!!

Now we are back home and it is time for us to go to bed. Tomorrow is bring your daughter to work day. Okay maybe not for everyone but for me it is bring my daughter to work day. There was just no way I was paying 200 dollars for our Tuesday sitters to watch one very easy child. She is excited to come to work. That excitement will last less than one hour I am sure b/c I am really busy tomorrow and she is going to be sitting in my office for hours and hours and hours. We will bring lots of things to entertain her.

I got a text from Clark earlier and sounds like he and Nick are having a great time at hockey camp. I also got a call from my mom who said that Adam, Landon and their cousin Caleb were doing GREAT. As for Ryan she wants to send him back in a UPS box. People just don't realize just how hard of a child he is to deal with until they spend time with him. His normal is just not the typical normal. He doesn't fit any particular category very well (like autism, etc but he's something). It is some sort of emotional/behavioral  problem that I struggle to understand. All I kept saying back to her as she was going on and on is that "I get it.....I live with him."  I am really starting to stress about how KG is going to go for him.  Ugh...okay now that I am all stressed thinking about that let me end this here. Hope everyone has a happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment