Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Boccone's Have Arrived

My sister's family, my parents, and Nick and Alexis all left for the family vacation on a Sunday. I was on call for the holiday weekend and so me, Clark and the triplets did not leave until Wednesday. Everyone else drove and we flew to Toronto and then drove 5 hours north. The kids traveled great. I had to get them up at 4am but they were super excited so everyone was in a good mood. Clark and I each got about 3 hours of sleep prior to leaving so we were very tired. Boys were great in the plane. Clark would swear that every time he started to fall asleep I was hitting him to get something. He was sitting in a row ahead of me and Landon and Adam were in front of my row so when they needed something I would have to wake him up to get it. I had Ryan with me. The drive went fine. We stopped to eat at a place called Weber's where there is usually a line 50 people deep to get food. They have a train you can sit and eat in so the kids enjoyed that. Probably my worst experience of the entire trip was at the Walmart in North Bay where we stopped to pick up our perishable groceries (the other items were sent ahead in my parents car). The Walmart was disgusting and I swear there were a million people in the store. I just kept thinking it was crazy. Doesn't anyone work during the middle of the day. The kids were melting down and I was melting down. My mom just kept calling and at one point I screamed into the phone that I was never doing this again. I had hit my breaking point and we hadn't even gotten to the island. I will say that I almost enjoyed the car ride b/c I started reading the book Unbroken to Clark so it went fast. It is a MUST READ book in my opinion. Finally we got to the island and my parents were there to pick us up in the boat. We barely fit with all the bags but it worked out.  It is about a 35 min boat ride to get to their island. Kids loved the fact that in one day they had been in a bus (at the airport), car, plane, train (sitting to eat) and now boat. At the island my sister's family had fixed us dinner b/c they knew we had spent the entire day traveling. I thought we would just eat and crash but the kids had other plans. Despite the fact that the water is FREEZING they all wanted to get in. I did not brave the cold the first night but loved watching them play in the water. I could never get Adam to stop calling this huge lake a pool. To him is was just a really really big pool. My brother was there that first night so the kids loved seeing him and playing with him. He had no problem getting in the cold water. He had to leave the following morning b/c he had a gig back in Boston but we were glad to overlap one night. I will say after talking with my sister it sounded like we had just missed much of the major family drama. The whole trip was almost bagged the night before. Lots of screaming from what I hear. Always good for my big kids to be subjected to that (not). Oh well, the Boccone's had arrived and life would be good (dripping with sarcasm there). Here are some pictures from the first day.

Kids waiting at airport. Adam very excited and telling everyone he was going on a plane.
 Just got to lake. Boat trip to island.
My sister took this picture of everyone checking out the place when we got there. Nick was so excited to see his brothers again. He misses them like crazy when away from them.
 Playing with grandpa and Uncle Robbie in the water (sorry the pictures sucked the first day until I realized flash was on and needed to be off)
 Nick and Cody
 Adam, Landon and cousin Cody

 Adam
 Ryan
 Nick and Ryan
 Alexis
 Ryan and cousin Caleb (who got a full wet suit and was by far the one in the water the most b/c he was warm)
 Uncle Robbie with Caleb and Landon
 Nick on rock. Kids loved climbing all over the big rocks.
The first day came to an end. My mom kept kids at her house (except for Cody who eventually came back to ours). She did not make them sleep in indoor tents like she originally said (b/c of her previous bat encounter). Clark and I stayed up too late reading Unbroken (did I mention you SHOULD read this book...hahaha). So far so good!!!

Our view every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment