The second half of the second day was not much different than the first half. We were in the water the entire day. Clark and I were responsible for dinner that night so we cooked (translated into he cooked and I just helped get whatever he asked for). After dinner we let the kids make s'mores. You can't have an outdoor fire for fear of burning down the entire island so we just used the grill and roasted our marshmallows in the flames. It was good tasting gooey mess. Finally we got the kids down for bed and the adults stayed up and played games. I am not much of a game person so I tried to get out of it but when that was obvious it was going to cause my mom to meltdown, I gave in. I played a few times and then Clark and I left to go back to our house. Everyone in my family is a night person. Everyone except me. They would all prefer to stay up until 2am every day and then sleep until 11am the following morning. I can't stand that. I like getting up early and going down early (or at least earlier than they do). Clark and I were always the first ones up.
This first picture is hard to see but the dot in the center of the picture is me. I was attempting to swim laps in the lake. Worked ok but my goggles kept fogging up. It was fun to try and realize just how much of a wimp I am when it comes to swimming.
Landon and RyanMe, my mom, Alexis and Landon went for a canoe ride. It was a struggle to say the least and I was very happy to get off of that canoe when it was over. Since I was in front and couldn't see what everyone else was doing I just felt like they were working against me the entire time causing us to go in unnecessary circles.
Nick jumping again
Caleb flying through the air.
Just a nice picture of Nick (he is a handsome boy but I hate this stage with his teeth).
Alexis and Caleb (they really were attached at the hip the entire trip). They almost never left each others side. Both were like fish. Always in the water.
Sunset on the dock with Cody and Nick
Big kids went out in search of sticks for the s'mores
Alexis and Caleb
Nick and Cody
The big kids making s'mores
Day 2 was a success. Either I have forgotten all the drama or it really was kept to a minimum while I was there. My sister was about to have her meltdown the following day. She was going crazy without a TV to watch and no Internet access. I gotta admit I didn't care so much about the TV as I love reading books but I missed being able to check my email. There is a generator on the island (have to have one b/c there are flushing toilets, showers, etc) but my mom doesn't let you plug into it very often to charge the little portable dvd players. My mom is pretty anti-technology. She let the kids have their DS's for the car ride but they were not allowed to bring them over to the island. She had packed toys (like a huge tub of Lego's) and bought them several new things but otherwise they were expected just to be happy with nature. The little kids had no problem with this plan. My sister and I were a slightly different story.
No comments:
Post a Comment