Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Island

So I am just going to make every blog post this week about our Canada trip b/c with pictures and all it is just too much for one blog. So first let me introduce you to "the island." My stepdad grew up going to a 7 acre island his parents owned on Lake Temagami near North Bay Canada (5 hour drive north of Toronto). When his mom died he got part ownership of his island with his siblings. That is the island I grew up going to. Long story short, my mom couldn't get along with his family and wanted an island of her own. My parents purchased a small one acre island.... number 457 (on same lake). She then built 2 small homes on the island. Unlike my stepdad's island with outhouses for bathrooms, my parents island comes equip with regular flushing toilets:) My big kids go with my parents every year to the island and LOVE IT.  I haven't been back to the island since nick was 4 months old. Below are pictures of what the island looks like.

Island 457
Clark standing out front of main house
Porch of main house which became the playroom
 Main house a little disheveled b/c this was at end of week

Main house bedroom
 Main house bathroom (shower on other end)
Second house where we stayed (kids at main house with my parents)


  Room where Clark and I slept
                                     
 My sister and Kim's room
Outside bathroom for second house
Inside bathroom
Deck on second house
View from deck
I have to end it here for the night b/c Clark needs the computer. I will say the trip went way better than I expected it to go. The kids had a great time.  Stay tuned for lots of pictures of the kids throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment