So I am going to have to break day 2 up into 2 posts b/c I take hundreds of pictures and trying to narrow it down to around 10 per day is not very easy for me (especially since I have so many kids). Day 2 started out peaceful. Like I mentioned in yesterday's post the kids slept at my parents main house. I had a hard time figuring out what time it was b/c I never wear a watch and there are no clocks on the island. I guess that is kind of the point to not care what time it is. Drove me crazy. Kim had a watch so I probably asked her a million times for the time. When the kids finally got up they wanted to go exploring. That is Nick's favorite thing about the island. They has secret spots (secret but they are all too excited to take you there to show you). The kids just love walking around and around the island. They played lots of hide and seek. The rule on the island is that until you are old enough to swim to Bear Island across the way (way across the way) when not in a house you have to have a life vest on. I thought the triplets would have a fit about this but I guess b/c Nick was doing it, it was cool. Nick and Alexis have been there so many times they just do it automatically. The second day was cool. It was supposed to be cloudy but luckily it turned out sunny. The kids spent most of the day in the water. My mom had purchased this large trampoline thing. I will say the trampoline part sucked but the kids loved jumping off the dock and swimming to it and then hanging out on it and jumping off. I got in the freezing cold water. It was best just not to think about it and just jump. Trying to ease your way into the water was not working for me. Here are some pictures from the first half of the second day!
This was first thing in the morning when the kids wanted to go exploring.
Landon in the freezing water. He would just run and jump right in!
The water trampoline
Best not to think and just jump!
Alexis trying to balance
Nick mid air
So on our way to the island my mom had us stop and get wet suits for Cody and the triplets b/c the water was so cold. Alexis never cared about how cold the water was so she didn't get one. Of course after my sister's kids got one then she wanted on. My step dad went to a little store in town after dropping my brother off to catch a plane. He got the smallest one they had but it was still too big for Alexis. It was like an adult XS (IMO it was XXS). Nonetheless I was determined to squeeze my body into this wet suit. It took all we (me and Kim) had to get it close. I could barely breath but it did keep me a little warmer.
Hardly breathing in the wet suit
We went tubing! Clark and Landon
My sister and Adam
Clark and Ryan
The kids spent countless hours in the water shooting each other with water guns
Finding sticks on the island was another favorite for the kids.
I think that is long enough for one post. Will save the rest of day 2 for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment