Sunday, July 31, 2011
Splash Island
Today we went to Splash Island in Plainfield. I was not planning on going and in fact was more than looking forward to taking a nap while laying outside on my lounge chair. I was tired after getting up early to go round. Clark kept making comments like, "you sure you don't want to go and watch your children." He would ask the kids if they wanted me to go. He knows I hate going anywhere when I am on. Nothing is fun for me. I especially did not see how going to a water park was going to be fun since I am attached to a phone and that doesn't work so well in water. During lunch he told the boys (when I could hear) that I had no passion. I corrected him and said I have a passion for running to which he laughed and it became obvious it was not the kind of passion he was talking about. So I figured if I didn't go he was going to expect some sort of passion out of me later (as pay back for having 5 hours of free time.) At that point it was a done deal.... I was going to the water park! I told Clark I would show him all the passion he wanted if I didn't have to work...hahaha! He didn't buy that for a second.
So I went to the water park and was glad I did. Sometimes I just need a little encouragement to do stuff when I am on call. Of course I had a good time watching my kids. I felt bad I was not that much help to Clark b/c I could not really get in the water much. The place was packed. The triplets were great. I must have told them a million times before we got there that they had to stay right by daddy so he would not get yelled at by the lifeguards (b/c of the dumb within arms reach rule they have). They did a fairly good job with this. We stayed there almost 4 hours and during that time I only got 2 calls. That sounds great right? Well, I made up for that when I got home and spent the next 2 hours on the phone with call after call.
Nick and Alexis missed out on the water park today b/c they left with my parents for another vacation. This vacation is the Soper Farms trip in North Carolina. Basically the Soper's (my stepdad's family) own all this farming land in Iowa I think (could be wrong about that). All the money from the farms pays for a very large family vacation every year. Then every 4th year the vacation is mostly meetings about the farm stuff specifically. I don't go on these trips (but I could b/c I have one share of some stock I don't understand or care about), but my big kids do. I think this is one of the years that has more meetings. How boring for them. Not sure what else they are doing. Again, I have never been on one of these trips so I can't really say how fun they are. My brother (a true Soper..unlike my sister and I) always goes.
Ok well, I am crazy tired, have a ton of phone calls to log in computer and have to get up crazy early b/c lots of babies to round on. I need to end this now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment