Saturday, March 3, 2012

Disney Princess Trip: Day 3

The one nice thing about doing a run for fun is that after the race you feel great. Cathy and I got done with the run and went directly to a bus. We were back in our room and showered and ready for the day by 9am.

You bet we wore our medals and I wore my tiara all day.

Aside from the race, I would say Disney day 3 was all about food. No doubt I ate 3X the food that I had just worked off. For lunch we went to Fulton's Crab House. I like this place. I love king crab legs and while I don't get them all that often b/c they are expensive, this day that is exactly what I ordered. I am not even sure why I like them so much b/c they are a lot of work just to eat. My fingers were bleeding by the end of the meal. Still I managed to try and get every little tiny big of crab meat out of those legs.



After lunch it was time to shop a little. Cathy always brings her kids, husband and often other people gifts home from vacations. I don't always necessarily do this. Maybe that is b/c I have 5 kids or maybe b/c I don't want my kids to expect something every time I leave. Probably b/c my kids are already so spoiled and the thought of trying to find something they will actually play with stresses me out. Still I felt obligated since her kids were getting something. The boys were actually easy. We just went to the Lego store and luckily there were 3 small Star Wars Lego's that were new since Christmas (b/c otherwise my kids have them all). Then I got Adam the only remaining Racer cars we don't have. Alexis was much harder. She is not into the princess stuff anymore. When you are at Disney that is about all they have. I basically just called her and asked what she wanted. She said a purse. Clearly she must really be Cathy's daughter b/c Cathy is obsessed with purses. I had not even heard of Dooney & Bourke purses before I went on this trip and Cathy educated me. I guess they are the in thing and hot items at Disney right now. Cathy finally broke down and bought herself one (they are not cheap). I decided to get Alexis a small hand purse. I knew she would have no clue that this was a popular (and expensive) purse but I needed something and she asked for a purse. Each purse is different based on how it is wrapped. I got mine at Downtown Disney and thought it was okay but not thrilled with what was on the front but when I got back to the resort there was one there that was PERFECT. Same purse but different stuff showing up based on how it was wrapped (hard to explain). Since my other was still in the bag with receipt they just exchanged it. I was VERY happy about this and now love this little hand purse.

The purse I got Alexis
Here is Cathy with her purse!
Across the water you can see where we stayed....Saratoga Springs

After lunch, shopping and Cathy having her first Ghirardelli ice cream, we went back to the room to rest. Cathy napped and while I tried to close my eyes this was during the time of Alexis' gymnastics's meet and my phone was going off with a million texts from Clark. I wasn't even at the meet but was nervous for her from Orlando. Clark kept sending me scores and videos of her performances. I don't watch when I am at the meet and I couldn't bring myself to watch the video's he sent either. Made me too nervous. I watch all the time at practice!!! Nothing was her personal best but she managed to pull off another solid meet. She got 9.0 on beam (for 6th place). She had 8.9 on vault. Not sure what happened there b/c Clark thought she looked great. Bars she was 9.0 (2nd place). Floor 9.225 (1st place). Overall she was 2nd place. We were all pleased. The other thing I did during Cathy's sleeping or napping times was read. I finished the Hunger Games and Left Neglected on this trip.
In the evening we went to Wolfgang Puck for dinner. It was nice. We were the first to arrive in the formal dining area so we got great seats looking out and quick service. This was important since we had scheduled massages shortly thereafter. We both had steak dinners that were very tasty.



After dinner we headed back to our resort spa. We both had marathon massages lined up. When I got in the room with the massage therapist she mentioned something about ice. Hold up...stop right there. I hate hate hate to be cold and there is no chance I am paying 150.00 for someone to put ice bags on me. Needless to say we changed my massage to a personal pressure one with stretching. It was PERFECT! I enjoyed all 50 minutes of it. In fact I would say it was one of the best massages I have ever had and she stretched out my legs which was a bonus considering I had just ran 13 miles. After this we were nice and relaxed with full bellies. Considering I had been up since 2:45am and put in 13miles, I was exhausted. We just headed back to our room, watched a little of the Oscars, read until my eyes could no longer stay open and went to bed. This was a GREAT day!


No comments:

Post a Comment