For once I am not talking about my leg. Last night I had a great time at the movies with my sister and Jenny Bates seeing Hunger Games. I thought the movie was excellent and left still feeling undecided about whether Nick can see it or not. I am at least letting him read the book. When I got back from the movies I was sort of disappointed to see all the boys still awake but my sister's 2 kids were here so what did I expect? At first glance everything appeared to be going well until I hear one of the kids say, "Ryan got hurt real bad." WHAT?? I guess most of the kids were downstairs and Ryan had this not so brilliant idea to get on my treadmill and actually turn it on. Then his cousin decided Ryan needed to go faster and increased the speed. Ryan fell and got stuck between the wall and the treadmill with the belt continuing to go. Ryan got himself free and his cousin turned it off b/c when Clark was responding to his ear piercing screams, Ryan was already on his way up the stairs. This could have been so much worse!!!! I don't think Ryan will be getting on the T-mill again. Clark and I will go the extra step to unplug each time. For the longest time we would put it up after running but our new one is so darn heavy to open I simply can't do it. I was not allowed to look at his arm injury b/c Clark had it nicely bandaged last night. Ryan only woke up once from pain. This morning he was being very brave. The changing of clothes was tough and he is moving a lot slower than his norm but no tears otherwise. I think bath time tonight be the next painful but necessary move.
Here are the pictures I took this morning.
The lesson here is that kids should NOT be playing on T-mills and that Clark and I need to unplug it after using!
No comments:
Post a Comment