This was it....the dreaded 15 mile week. I swore I was not going to do just 15 miles. I was going to do over or under but not 15 miles. So what did I do???? FIFTEEN miles. Not sure what I was thinking. Actually I take that back. I was thinking there was no way I could do another mile and at that very moment I didn't care about all my crazy superstitions. I am so happy to have the long run done for the week.
One of my best friends, Jaime, was willing to run 7 of my 15 miles with me. So thrilled about this b/c I was totally dreading doing the entire thing by myself. This morning was quite busy. I had to get up crazy early to get the triplets ready for school b/c it was muffins with mom day. We showed up as soon as it was open and scarfed down some muffins. Then I was off to a PT appointment. This might have been my favorite PT appointment ever b/c since Shane knew I had the dreaded 15 miler right after the appointment, he just spent the 30 minutes stretching my leg. It was awesome. Very little work on my part, and I think tremendously helped for my long run. I was worried I was running late to meet Jaime, but when I was leaving my PT appointment, I realized I had forgotten my garmin. Had to make a quick stop home. Then I headed to Carmel b/c Jaime and I were hooking up on the Monon Trail. I was stressed about being late, but we ended up pulling in right at the same time. Couldn't have planned it better.
Since Jaime was only scheduled to do 7 miles, we went out and back 3.5 before I headed back out alone to finish. I think Jaime and I run very well together. Similar pace and all. Both of us were feeling a little tired today. I was also feeling like the more than 700+ calories I had eaten in the morning between breakfast, muffins then power bar was probably not the best on my stomach. Lucky for me we were doing to the whole out and back b/c there were bathrooms by the car:) The run was fine. It was a gorgeous sunny day for a run but we could have lived without the wind. It was fine when you were surrounded by trees but the open spaces were more challenging. After the 7, Jaime took off so she could go to work (she does half days on Fridays). I probably had about a 5 minute break by time I went to bathroom, took my gel and put my headphones on. I wanted to listen to pandora but my iPhone carrier that straps on my arm completely tore. That was a bummer. Luckily I had my shuffle with me as a back up. Hate the music that is on it right now but it was better than nothing. Seriously at one point the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow came on. Wanted to shoot myself at that very moment. Mental note need to change music on shuffle.
Finally I headed back out. I went out 4 and back 4 for a total of 15 miles. I think I felt fine on the way out but the coming back 4 took a little out of me. I stupidly had all kinds of fueling food, gels, etc in my car which was doing me no good since I wasn't getting back to my car until the end. I started to get a little weak feeling when I had 2 miles to go. I just kept telling myself I had to make it back to the car. I knew I could do it even if my legs felt like they were going to buckle. Of course I was always against the wind on the way back making that part harder. I made it. I was thrilled to be DONE. My leg hurt during the run but now that it is over it REALLY hurts. Also have this annoying pain in my left shin just for added fun. Glad I don't have to walk much the rest of the day. Might have to take over Jenny's couch at Bible Study tonight. My drive home was interesting. I felt completely disoriented the entire 45 min drive. Probably not a good idea to finish and just start driving right away. My head was hurting. I could barely focus on the road. I missed my road at one point and there were other times I felt like I was looking around and had no clue where I was or how I had gotten there. Kinda freaky!!
Seriously I have rambled enough. Here are my splits: Overall pace for 15 miles (yes I turned off the garmin when I had my 5 min break when Jaime was leaving) was 8:16
Mile1 8:08
Mile2 8:20
Mile3 8:18
Mile4 8:29
Mile5 8:22
Mile6 8:26
Mile7 8:19
Mile8 8:07
Mile 9 8:18
Mile 10 8:18
Mile11 8:15
Mile12 8:06
Mile13 8:12
Mile14 8:22
Mile 15 7:55 (I was just so ready to be done at this point that I had to go faster)
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Nick has 6 hockey games to finish out the hockey season and Alexis has her state gymnastics meet. Gonna be busy but hopefully fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment