Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas At Home 2012

We had a great time on Christmas morning. I got up at 2:30am to get ready to go round. When I was leaving the house at 3:30am I saw Nicholas looking at me through his window. I rounded on 2 newborns. I spent more time driving than I did actually rounding, but I live 40 minutes from the hospital. I got done before 5am and headed home. When I pulled in the driveway there was Nicholas again looking out his window. When I went upstairs really hoping to climb back in bed for an hour both Nick and Alexis were up. I guess they had been up since around 2:30am (me too) and never went back to sleep. They were crazy excited. I made them wait until 7am before coming downstairs. Just as we were about to let them loose to go down the stairs, I got a patient call. I am not going to lie, I was very frustrated about the timing as it was NOT urgent. I made them go back up and wait until I was done and then started over. The morning went great. I think the kids had a great time and enjoyed all that Santa brought.

Here is the picture of everyone waiting at the top of the stairs!
Mom always gets a few pics in front of the presents. Not too hard to get people to do what they are told at this point.
Okay here goes nothing.... this is Landon
Adam
Nick
Adam
I love Landon's dramatic facial expressions.
Ryan was hilarious. He simply cannot figure out right now how to smile for a picture. He is just trying way too hard that he makes a weird face.
Alexis got a lot of American Girl stuff. It was crazy hard to come up with anything b/c she really doesn't play with toys much. Not time...she is too busy.






Nick gets to pick out a new goalie helmet. Santa knew better than to try and pick one out for him.  
I used to love this thing.
New hockey nets for indoor hockey in basement. 
I can't believe Santa got her the American Girl car. So much for a doll car. It is pretty cool though and she does like it.
I think the best smile I was getting from Ryan.




Santa way overestimated on the size of these. Will just order Nick some more and keep these b/c eventually they will fit.




Skylanders for Xbox
Nick collects hockey jerseys and gets one every year. Ryan is starting to do the same but I didn't get a picture of his.
Alexis always gets new gymnastics outfits.
 Landon got a baseball jersey instead.








 Alexis was upset that she did not have a hat for hat day a couple weeks back. Now she has one.
 Santa leaves a big gift in the basement. Landon got an iPod touch last year but broke it this year and I would not buy a replacement one. Adam and Ryan got Nintendo 3DS XL and Landon got another iPod. Don't feel too bad for him though b/c for months they have been fighting over Nick's old DSi XL and now that one will just be his. I actually did not realize that the boys DS was the 3D one. This was the only gift I asked Clark to go out and pick up. I thought I was specific about the ones I wanted but stupid me did not ever check and well...this is what they got. It is all good b/c all the games we bought work on this too but they just aren't in 3D.

 Alexis and Nick both got the Kindle Fire. I think they liked it!

Do I look tired. By this point, I was!
 Alexis playing in the box the car came in.
 Me and my firstborn child

All in all we had a wonderful Christmas morning!!  Keep in mind that the PERFECT GIFT has already been given to each and every one of us should you chose to receive it. Jesus Christ is the PERFECT GIFT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment