Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sandals Day 5

Day 5 started like all the other days by going to the gym for a short work out. I am sure we had breakfast but by this point in the trip I was tired of taking photos so there are much fewer and I can't remember where we ate this day.

After eating we went to Pigeon Island, a National Landmark that covers 40 acres and is within walking distance of our resort. In the 18th century it served as a British fort. As you hike up you see ruins from the days of battle. It was a fun climb that happily felt like another mini work out. The scenic views of Rodney Bay and the Atlantic Ocean were great. This first picture is me before we starting walking up.
 Here I am a little farther up.

 Here we are on top of one peak.
 Here we walked up the other peak. Behind Clark and all the way across is where I was in the previous picture.
 There was someone else who hiked up to the top and agreed to take our picture.
 Going back down.
Clark sitting in the window of what used to be the barracks.

 After our little hike, we had some lunch and sat by the pool. Not to long after we got out to the pool however it started to rain. We went back to our rondoval and hung out for the next several hours. We went in our hot tub during the rain. The rain felt good b/c the water was so hot. We watched the movie Horrible Bosses b/c it was on tv during this time. I did some online shopping for Christmas.  Clark also spilled some red wine on our white duvet cover. We frantically tried to clean it with facial soap which then turned it green. Eventually though it was much less noticeable. We did not get charged and the following day had a new duvet cover on our bed. Our plans the evening of day 5 were to go to another Sandals resort, La Toc, and have dinner. Here is Clark waiting for our bus. Basically you stay at one resort but can play and eat at all of them.
 Here I am waiting.
 We went to the Japanese restaurant where they cook the food in front of you. It was fun. We enjoyed talking with the other couples around the table.  Clark loved the couple next to him. They were from Canada and the guy was Clark's age and plays hockey 3 days per week. I think Clark was somewhat jealous b/c he only gets to play once per week. What I was jealous of is that this couple has separate bedrooms at home b/c much like Clark and I, the wife gets up early and the husband stays up late and snores. It works out great for them. I told Clark he could play hockey 3 days per week if I could have my own bedroom for sleeping...hahahaha!!!
 Here was our chef.
Here we are not actually playing the piano but the photographer ran into us again and wanted us to sit there for a couple pictures.
Their photographers loved to make you kiss during photos. We look so stupid doing this b/c we are not really for public displays of affection beyond maybe holding hands!
By the time we made it back to our resort I was really tired. We just called it a night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment