Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sandals Vacation Day 1

I think I will blog about our trip day by day like I do most trips. Clark and I went to St. Lucia and stayed at the Grande Sandals resort. It was an amazing trip! We used the excuse of celebrating his 50th birthday to get away for a week. We also used that same excuse to sort of upgrade the trip as far as accommodations, etc. It was worth it. We had the best time! Day one started early...like 4am wake up early. We made it to the airport with time to spare. After major fighting the night before over my concern about our bags being over the weight limit, I was pleased that I had taken enough out to make them just about perfect. We had no problems with our flights. First we went to Atlanta and then on to St Lucia. On our long flight we were lucky b/c there was nobody else in our row. Once we got to St. Lucia neither of us realized how long the car ride would be to the resort. Since we had butler service we got a private car instead of the bus. It took over 2 hours to get to the resort. It was LONG. The drive was somewhat terrifying just b/c they drive crazy there and just one lane roads so lots of passing. The road is also very curvy with tons of ups and downs and driving very close to huge drop offs. I thought I was going to puke at one point. I mostly tried to close my eyes and prayed a lot about safety.

Just arrived. I was very happy, tired and hungry at this point!!
This picture is out of order as far as days but shows what our Rondoval looked like. This was our own place. It was awesome. So nice. So private! So perfect! We were very close to everything..which we liked.
 
 When we first walked in we had champagne and a cheese platter waiting. There were rose petals scattered around.
 Nice comfy big bed.
 Here is the bathroom. Huge tub. Walk in shower with another outside private shower.
                                     
 Here is Clark testing out the temperature of the hot tub. Our back area was sweet (better picture tomorrow) but had hot tub and small private pool.
We got there around dinner time. That first night they were having a Caribbean beach party so it was a huge buffet style meal on the beach. It was perfect b/c we were so tired we just wanted something easy and quick. We got cleaned up and went and ate the first of many large meals with several drinks. We didn't hang around much after finishing our food b/c we were exhausted. We retreated early to our home away from home!! Cheers!
 Picture was a little fuzzy which is how I was feeling after drinking too much wine on a fairly empty stomach!
That was the end of day 1. We felt like we were in paradise and we were more than ready to start relaxing and having a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment