I will spread Christmas over several posts. Similar to vacations, I think it is my way of extending things. I already did the card post so we are now on the second one. The first Christmas get together that I usually have is with my "real" dad and Kaye (my step mom). This year we just got together at my house for a couple of hours and instead of doing my sister's family separately, we just had then over as well so my dad got to see us both. I think it was slightly more chaotic, and my dad and Kaye spent less time with the kids maybe b/c they were off playing, but my sister and I got to chat with them more. I will just post a few pictures from that get together. I write the same thing every single year. I wish I saw my dad more. I think this was only the second time in an entire year. We don't live more than 35 minutes apart so there really is no great reason other than everyone is busy!
This get together was on Sunday! Here is Ryan who just tries way to hard to smile for my pictures. My dad got everyone books this year. I think it was a great gift b/c I am making the trio read to me every day this entire break.
Landon
Adam
Alexis
Cousin Cody
Cousin Caleb
Nicholas
My dad and step mom with all my kids!
Now cousins Cody and Caleb are added in.
My sister and I with our dad
My step mom, me, my dad, my sister
We had a nice time. After that my brother and his girlfriend came to spend time with the kids. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of that, but I didn't. I might have to steal one from my sister at some point. We will see my brother again when we celebrate Christmas at my mom's house on Thursday but his girlfriend, Amanda, went back to New York (where they live) today! My kids LOVE playing with those 2. My brother and I only got in one heated discussion on schools and God. We both are VERY opinionated and sure the other one is wrong, but thankfully when the heated discussions end, we are right back to just being brother and sister. I had promised my mom I would not start anything at her house when we have Christmas, but in my own home, I make no such promises. I will ALWAYS argue in favor of the one and only God!
I hope everyone is having a great Christmas Eve! I enjoy seeing lots of pictures of everyone's kiddos on facebook!
No comments:
Post a Comment