Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sandals Day 6/7- The End

So our trip was coming to an end. I will just include the last 2 days in one post. Our final full day was a fun one. We got up and for once did not work out. We were getting fat and lazy at this point in our vacation. We had another nice breakfast outside enjoying the fabulous weather.

Here is a picture of Clark walking to breakfast.
 Here I am sitting at breakfast.
 Here is Clark. Way in the background you can see the little peak we hiked up the previous day.
 After breakfast we hung out at the pool. One of butlers, Sabie, came by for the last time. We were going to miss her. She was great.
 Here was our room decorated by Sabie with our check out papers!
 After hanging by the pool for a short time we went snorkeling. It was a great boat ride to the spot and the snorkeling was fun.
 Here is Clark.
 After our snorkeling we hung back by the pool. Here is Clark relaxing and taking a nap.
We we got back to our room they had once again decorated our bathroom and given us more champagne.
 Ready for our last dinner on the resort. It was another great meal.
Now we are on day 7. Departure day. We got up. I went to the gym. Clark brought breakfast back to the room and we ate while we packed. We had one last lunch and then we got ready to leave. Here we are saying good-bye to our other butler, Wendall.

Our drive back to the airport was quite possibly the most frightening drive of my life. Wendall had just talked about how his friend was in a bad car accident the night before where the driver died. Our girl driver to the airport was a maniac. She was CRAZY. It is a one lane road the entire 2 hour drive. She was literally inches from the car in front and was passing people like crazy. I was clutching Clark's hand/leg and had my eyes closed. I thought I was going to puke. Clark kept asking if I was ok b/c even he said the ride was a little "hairy." At one point close to the airport the driver pulled over to pass and there was a car coming right at us. I screamed, "oh my God." That was the first our driver was aware she was freaking me out. She said, "what did you say that for." I simply said, "sorry but driving here is very different from what I am used to." I had already asked her if there were a lot of accidents to which she replied, "yes, people drink too much here." She did drive better after that and assured me she had never been in an accident. I was so happy to get to the airport and get out of that car. The travel home was very long. We did not get home until around midnight. I had only a few hours until I had to get up for work. Overall this was a wonderful trip. I am so glad we got to go and have this time to focus on our each other!!!!
When I walked in the house at nearly 1am I was very happy to see that my mom had cleaned the house and done all the Christmas decorations except the tree. She did a great job taking care of my kids for the week.

Now we are back to our regular crazy busy life schedule!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment