Friday, December 28, 2012

Grandma's wrapping 2012

Okay we were at my mom's doing presents from 2pm until 11:30pm. Obviously during that time I took a million photos. Way too many to just do one blog post about it. I will just do a post of the packages right now and then try and get the actual opening of the packages later. Usually we all come up from the downstairs to see her display, but due to snow we just all hooked up in driveway and walked in front door. By all... I simply mean my family and my sister's family. My brother stays at my mom's house so the color theme is never a surprise to him.  So here are some pics of what we saw when we walked in. For anyone new let me explain. My mom does a color/theme that she works on all year and we don't know about until we walk in the door. All packages are elaborate and have a lot of detail. I will say that many packages only have partial gifts or a paper with what the gift is if a large or uneven shape. All day long my step dad goes in his bedroom (strictly off limits to everyone else except my mom) and brings out the rest of the gift. For example, one of Clark's gifts when unwrapped said "Luggage" then out come 2 new suitcases (that we really needed bc we always borrow theirs for trips).

In the living room are the "adult gifts." Our color obviously red and gold. It was not my favorite but it was very pretty. She changed her tree to match. There was no red on her tree before this day b/c that might have given away the color. My mom (with the help of my grandma) makes her own bows and does her all her own decorations.







 A view from above
 My sister, my brother, me

In the sun room is where "the kid" gifts are. There theme was ADORABLE. Probably one of my very favorites. It was the coca-cola polar bear theme. Such detail on all the packages. Every single package had a coke bottle or can and polar bear somewhere. Really really cute. Same thing applies to kid gifts in that if it is big or odd shaped it will be brought out later.



 
 There is always a stack of kids clothes that usually my sister and I open at the end. Since one of Alexis' outfits had a polar bear on it, it was left unwrapped. Too cute.
Here are the grandkids who by time we take this picture of sick of my sister and I holding things up for our pictures and ready to open.

 Had to include this one since the triplets were at least all looking at me and I rarely get a photo of these 3 together anymore.
 
We pass out the adult gifts so there is some room to open. As for the kids they just go in the other room and grab a round. Like I do each round is wrapped same for all 7 kids. Here are my gifts. My next post will say what I got but I spend a lot more time taking pictures of the packages than I do what is in them.
 Here is my brother and his gifts. 90% of his gifts are gift cards b/c he lives in New York and is IMPOSSIBLE to please sometimes. Examples of his gift cards, one to his favorite grocery store, one to all the museums, Broadway tickets, sports tickets, gift certificate to fancy ski resort, 3 months of a parking garage (b/c he spends one hour 3 times per week having to move his car from one place to another...still he didn't want the garage even though my mom thought this would be a great gift), amazon gift cards, itunes, etc etc.
 My beautiful daughter waiting patiently.
 Cute picture of Adam waiting!
 Will seriously need to narrow down pictures for next post b/c there are so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment