I will admit it is kind of hard writing when really it is life as usual around the Boccone household. Saturday was a fairly routine day. Clark did make the kids eggs in lieu of their typical cereal or pop tarts. Aside from cleaning our other goal for the week is to put together many of the toys that the kids got for Christmas that are still in boxes. The triplets are about to turn 5 which means more unnecessary toys, so I wanted to at least open some of the Christmas stuff before even more was added. Clark spent the next couple hours putting together a Playmobil castle.
Alexis and I left early for her gymnastics b/c we had to stop at Michael's to get a birthday gift for her friend. We purposely did not get a cart b/c we were getting a gift and nothing more. After we picked out the gift we had a little extra time, so I decided it could not hurt to at least look in the scrapbook isles. Before I knew it both Alexis and I had so much in our arms that we kept dropping stuff. Alexis dropped what she was holding so many times that some lady stated the obvious, "you guys need a cart." So much for my cheap quick trip in the store. In my defense, I only purchased stuff that was on sale...hahaha! We were still going to be too early for her gymnastics so since Dick's was just down the way I decided to go get stocked up on running fuel. I had a 10.00 off rewards certificate so I felt good about this. On my long runs I use the gels but my new other fave is honey stingers chews. They are like the blocks but much easier to chew and swallow in my opinion.
Finally, I dropped Alexis off. After her gymnastics she went going home with her friend, Maia, before both girls were dropped off at another friends birthday sleepover. Friday night, Nick had a sleepover and now Saturday, Alexis had one. All is good in the world of fairness. I was just so thrilled that Maia's parents were willing to watch Alexis after gymnastics but before the party b/c it saved me another trip up North. After I left InterActive, I picked up Cathy and headed to the Monon trail. This is definitely becoming my new favorite running location. Cathy needed to do 10 miles in her training for the mini. I was up for that since my schedule said 8 miles anyhow. It was a lovely run. We talked the entire time and for me it was a great recovery run. I was super excited for Cathy b/c our overall pace was 9:04 and this was her fastest 10 miles she has ever run. I have complete faith that this is her year to have a mini in under 2 hours. Very proud!! I can't tell you how much fun I have running with others and having them be super excited about how the run went. For some reason I just love being able to experience that with them. It is every bit as fun as when I have a PR. When I dropped Cathy off I picked up Nicholas and brought him home from his sleepover. Sounds like he had a great time.
Once I got home I started cleaning inside and Clark started some of his yard work. I spent over 2 hours organizing and switching out Alexis' closet (from winter to summer and getting rid of all the things that don't fit). I finally decided to go see what all the kids outside with Clark were doing. I nearly had a heart attack when I went out. Our grass looks great right now. I realize all the yards look great right now but ours looked especially even and green. Even Clark made a comment about this last week. So you can imagine my shock when I see him putting dirt (top soil or something) on many areas of the yard. I was unhappy to say the least. I just am having a hard time seeing his vision. He does the yard and in general is very good at everything he does, but I couldn't get past the fact that it looked like he was ruining my yard. He apparently can't stand some of the places where the yard has settled and there are sunken areas. He says it doesn't bother me b/c I don't mow, etc. He assures me the grass will grow in a few weeks and it will look fine. Needless to say the neighbors got to hear me nearly lose it on him. I just thought maybe we should have discussed this. The only thing I was successful with in this argument was preventing him from driving his truck through my yard b/c he didn't want to have to take so many trips with the dirt (from the front to the back). Ummm...no! He just kept telling me to go "run some more." That is his way of saying..."go away."
Our other source of tension for the day was that he had steaks thawing but had no plans to fix dinner until he was done with the yard. I was starving. I probably mentioned that I was starving for at least 2 hours before he finally started dinner. I am more of a eat at 5pm gal whereas he is more of a eat at 8pm guy. Drives me crazy. I can only snack so much (mostly all day long). I will say the dinner was worth the wait. We fixed the kids food first and then got to sit down in peace for a steak and potato meal that was delicious.
playmobil castle (one Nick got at Christmas) while I was blogging and watching. Clark is impossible to watch a movie with. He has to make stupid comments the entire time. This movie was particularly bad to watch with him b/c it involved a very unrealistic pregnancy and delivery and he would not shut up no matter how much I reminded him that it was a movie about vampires and werewolves. What did he expect?? After the movie I think the boys stayed awake to watch the Sharks play and complete the castle. I am always the first to go up b/c I like to read a little and then go to sleep!
That was basically my day in a nutshell.
No comments:
Post a Comment