I have so neglected this blog lately. I hope to get back to posting pictures again... but not this week. Only 4 more weeks until marathon day. Not soon enough if you ask me. Here is how my training week went.
Monday: Rest. 4th night of call in a row and tired.
Tuesday: I was supposed to run on the Tmill when I got home from work and picking up Alexis. I was so tired that this never happened. I made up for it on Wednesday.
Wednesday: I got up early and ran 5 miles on the T mill. Possibly b/c I was in the middle of a steroid dose pack or possibly just b/c I now HATE the T-mill but I felt horrible during this run and it became one mile intervals b/c I had to stop for 1-2 minutes after each mile until the compartment syndrome went away. I did manage to do miles 4 and 5 without stopping but that is b/c after mile 4 I not longer have that problem. Shortly after the run I still went to the gym and did my one hour on the bike. It was a good sweaty work out. Since I finally finished The Bronze Horseman and the girls at work are all into this other trilogy I decided just to start that. Now I had no clue what it was about but figured if the work girls are all sooo into it, it must be good. The first book is called Fifty Shades of Grey. Oh my, I so did not know what I just bought.....
Thursday: I already blogged about this. I ran 12 miles with Jaime with an average pace of 8:37.
Friday: I went to the gym and put another hour on the bike while reading. Speaking of books, on Friday night during Bible Study, when I complained to Jenny that I hated the ending of Bronze Horseman she informed me that it is one of a trilogy as well. Who knew I still had 2 very long books to go. At least it explained the horrible ending. Guess it gets better. When I told Jenny I had to now finish this other book first, she turned red and laughed (as did Stephanie). I guess everyone knew what this book was about except me:)
Saturday: Hooked up with Cathy and ran 8 miles on the Monon. It was a great run. I don't know why, but I enjoyed it a ton. It was a comfortable pace for me at 8:39min/mile. I was thrilled for Cathy b/c it was the fastest she has ever run 8 miles, and she was talking much of the way. It was just a fun run. I will say I was terribly jealous b/c I could see the signs for the Carmel 1/2 and marathon. I had no clue they ran some on the Monon. I really wanted to do that race and had I realized they ran on the Monon some I might have even been willing to do it myself. Jaime did text me yesterday saying she wished we had run that race. I told you so!!!!!!! I was pretty excited to see my friend Alvaro running on the Monon in the opposite direction.
Sunday: I ran 4.6 miles. I was scheduled for 5 but I was back to my car at 4.6 and had a bad headache so I just stopped. Aside from the wind (and headache), I felt really good for this run. My average pace was 7:38. My splits were (7:39, 7:45,7:49,7:24, 7:33). Finally I did not have to see anything in the 8's. I miss those runs but realize that I am training for a marathon and not a speed race. I also realize today that 50 degrees is my perfect running weather (except I HATE wind).
This coming Thursday is my last long run. It will be my longest to date at 20 miles. Already nervous.
The rest of the family is doing well. Nick made the Silver Indy Junior Ice for goalie. Clark didn't mention until last minute that he was going to have him try out for this, and I thought it was a long shot, so I never really gave it much thought. Then he made it and well, I freaked out. It is a travel team and it is entirely different that the IYHA league he was on last year with All Stars. Likely their practices will be at a rink even farther from our house and again did I mention it was more travel. I can't figure out how this is next hockey season is going to work. The triplets will be in their first year and they will have 2 practices a week and games on weekends at Carmel ice rink. Nick will have 2 practices per week at a different rink and a lot of far away games on weekends. Then Alexis has practice 4 times a week and a meet season that is the same as hockey. Clark can't stand that I am freaking out about this and is more of the "we'll figure this out as it comes up" person. We work a lot of weekends and I won't travel far without him. Not only do I have a phone phobia but I have a social phobia as well and new things are really hard for me. Ugh...this stresses me out so much I would rather just not write about it right now. I am having a good day. No need to ruin it.
As for Alexis there was a parent meeting for gymnastics that also had me stressing out. The gym is closing for one week this summer and that made me realize there would be 4 weeks that Alexis would miss gymnastics b/c of vacations and Bible camp in a row. One week out and I feel like the girls are rusty. 4 weeks....NO WAY! So now I am frantically trying to change her Canada travel plans with my parents to see if it can overlap the week the gym is already closed. Bible Camp obviously is a priority so I am fine with her missing that week.
The triplets had a good week. On Thursday, I took them for their 5 year check ups. I was totally expecting lots of tears for the Kindergarten shots. They were great. Adam was the only one who shed even a small tear and that was probably b/c he went last and had to watch his brothers get shots before him. Really they were wonderful. Everybody is growing well. Adam is huge and Ryan and Landon are little. I think Adam weighed 46 pounds while Landon was 38 and Ryan 39. Ryan is my shortest but only by 1/2 inch. Adam is like 2.5 inches taller than his brothers.
Clark has been on call this weekend. We hosted Bible study on Friday and while he was home for that shortly after everyone left, he had to go back in the hospital and I didn't see him for the next 12 hours. The rest of the weekend has been fine. We even managed a date night last night. We went out to dinner and then rented a movie to watch at home. Today we went to church. The Pastor was totally speaking my language today b/c he started by talking about the Boston Marathon!! I don't know about anyone else but he had my attention..hahaha! It was another great message! Alright. I have spent enough time with this update. Laundry still needs to be done.
Happy training and in the words of Pastor Steve, "keep running the race and encouraging others along the way."
This is marathon week for my friend Keith! Thinking happy thoughts for him all week and hope and pray that come next Saturday he is able to pull off a 3:05 marathon thereby qualifying for Boston!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment