Friday, April 6, 2012

Staycation: the rest

Okay this blogging about spring break week started out fun, but now I am getting bored. Really I am just running out of time or energy to do this daily. I will write about the last 3 days all in one.

Day 6: I guess this would be Wednesday. I got up at 3:45am and rounded on 5 babies. Never can tell how long it is going to take. I got to hospital at around 5:30 and I was done by 6:30 so clearly I got up too darn early. Oh well. Then I worked. Wondered when I got to work why my office was rearranged. Found out shortly thereafter that the plan was for me to give up my office to the front office staff and share with Julie. Neither of us really use our private offices much except to dump our belongings for the day. I am warming up to this idea but have really enjoyed messing around with Sassy who is convinced I hate her for kicking me out of my office. Shh....don't tell her that if this were really a big deal to me, and I was actually terribly upset, I would still be in my office. She doesn't actually have the power to kick me out...hahaha:) It is going to take some getting used to. I keep walking into my old office several times a day looking for my things. While I was gone all day the kids were hanging out at home with Clark. Wednesday seems so long ago I am not even sure what they did. Oh I know...Wednesday was an expensive day. Expenses for us always seem to come all at once. First when driving home from my mom's on Tuesday a rock flew at my windshield and formed a nice crack. Then Wednesday Clark got the nearly 400.00 water bill suggesting that obviously we had a leak somewhere. Plumber came out but didn't find a leak. No clue really, but the water people said it is not still running and yes we have to pay all that. The plumber also said that all our pipes have a bunch of deposits on them b/c we don't have a water softener, and we are crazy b/c we don't have a back up sump pump and the originals only last 5-7 years and we have been here 5. Absolutely none of that sounds cheap. I think the kids mostly played at home while Clark was trying to sort that all that. In the evening, I ran a very painful 5 miles on the treadmill. I haven't run on the treadmill in awhile and boy did I suck at it. The pace was 8:57 and I thought I was dying. So much harder than outside. Clark was making fun of me because I think I came upstairs at least 3 times during that 5 miles. It was rough.

Day 7: Thursday: I got up early again (but not quite as early) and rounded on 3 babies. Then I worked. Painfully slow day. Literally 4 hours of no patients (okay some of that time was lunch, etc) but then come 4:30 walk ins show up. I was frustrated b/c we had soooooo many open appointments during the day there was no reason I was still there until after 5:45.  Okay that is all I am saying about that. I would much rather have all scheduled appointments. Start early. Have much shorter lunches and go home at a better time. That is just me!!  The triplets went to preschool for the day. Clark hung out with the big kids. I think he went to the grocery store and I think kids played outside some. Nick spent much of his day playing a new computer game called Mindcraft (I think). On Wednesday this caused quite the fight with Clark and I b/c Nick had been really wanting this game and was totally willing to pay the 27.00 out of his money to get it. I thought that was fine. Clark just kept saying he had to think about it and was totally against it b/c of the cost. He felt like the only reason it was so much higher than most other computer games is b/c people keep paying for it and therefore they jack up the price. He had this entire argument that I disagreed with entirely. I felt like if Nick wanted to use his own money, so be it. I kept trying to use examples of things Clark spends money on that I think are a waste but yet something he enjoys (going to hockey games...400 for 2 tickets...ummm that seems stupid to me and only happens b/c people keep paying for it). Eventually Clark gave in and by Thursday he was willing to get the game for Nick. That night all I wanted to do was sleep. I was so tired. Still I was on call and got a call at 12:45am. Once awake with that, I could not go back to sleep b/c Clark was downstairs screaming at the TV while watching a hockey game. After 1am I marched downstairs and told him to STOP yelling at the TV. The players can't hear him BUT I CAN. Then at 2am he decided to burst thru the bedroom door to go to bed. I just burst into tears at that point b/c I so badly wanted to be sleeping and couldn't. He eventually went to sleep on the couch but not before making his usual comment of, "you weren't asleep anyway." True but I really wanted to be. I am such a light sleeper!! Got another call at 4am and never really went back to sleep. Bummer.

Day 8: Friday (today). Went to work. Painfully slow...again. I am not saying I want to be killed at work, but I would like to feel like I am missing my kids spring break for a reason and at least make it worth my time. The day felt like forever. I did enjoy going to Meijer with Amanda at lunch. Got a few things for Easter. I am working on being more productive during down time. I read medical articles. Some of which made me laugh out loud but are not really appropriate for the blog. The kids went with my mom to my grandma's house so they could get their Easter stuff from her and visit. I think this was nice and got them out of the house. I am sure Clark was thrilled b/c he finally got some free time and started yet another project in the garage. He is building an area for shoes and coats. I am sure it will be nice when done, but if like many other projects it will be months before completed. After the boys were dropped back off at home, my mom took Alexis out to get an Easter dress. I just suggested she wear the one from last year b/c it still fit, but she thought differently.  She is the only granddaughter right now so she sometimes gets spoiled by my mom when it comes to clothes. She ended up with 4 dresses, 2 pairs of shoes, one purse, one hat and one swimsuit. I know...I know....  Considering how hard it is for me to get her in a dress these days (except for church), I question the practicality of all that but she felt special, and I am sure my mom enjoyed it! I didn't have to pay, so I can't complain. Tonight Clark fixed a nice fish dinner and now the kids are getting ready for bed. Not the big kids. They stay up forever. I personally want to just crawl in my bed and continue reading my book but Alexis just asked if we could start her 750 piece puzzle. Umm..there goes my reading time but...of course I will do this with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment