Sunday, April 1, 2012

Training Week 11 in Review

I know this does not really fit in with my daily "Staycation" posts, but I just started doing training weeks in review, and I would hate to quit after just one week. I already did the staycation post for today and will continue tomorrow. So my workout week was as follows:

Monday: REST!!! I got up at 3:45 am and left my house by 4:30am b/c I had 6 babies (ended up being 7 for the day b/c I had to go back at lunch) to see before 8am walk ins started. This is why I NEVER work out on Mondays. For the record, (b/c I am sure if my partners read this they will be screaming...she doesn't have to do that) I am the only one in my practice who rounds before the office opens. My partners round at lunch and if it were their rounding day they would have just asked another doctor to go help b/c of the number of babies. I chose to do this b/c it would stress me out to have all this at lunch.

Tuesday: I ran 5 miles at InterActive Academy while waiting for Alexis to finish gymnastics. It is a small track. I had to run 50 laps. This my friends is what started my rather large blister on my big toe. Considering you are constantly turning, my legs hate this but it is the only way to get the run b/c I have tried to wake up early and tried to stay up late and failed miserably at both multiple times.

Wednesday: Went to the gym and did the bike for one hour. Watched some movie called Elizabethtown. Never finished it. Not that interesting.

Thursday: Ran my 18 miles on the Monon. Blogged all about it. Pace 8:09! Of course that started Clark saying maybe you could someday qualify for Boston (in which case he would try and qualify again and run with me). Umm... dear darling husband...I could NOT keep that pace for 26 miles and NO I could not qualify for Boston. Not my goal for this race. I just want to finish my first marathon and yes I will be thrilled if my time is under 4hrs, but I won't beat myself up if it is not. It will NOT be close to the needed 3:40 to qualify for Boston.

Friday: Went to gym and rode bike for one hour. Watched Limitless.

Saturday: Ran 10 miles with Cathy on Monon. Average pace 9:04.

Sunday: Ran 5.4 miles while Alexis was on her rollerblades. Pace 7:58 but had to keep slowing down for my daughter.

This next week is a taper week. YES YES YES!! My legs need this badly. I have been cutting down on Mobic. Now just using it 4 days per week instead of 7. Also have this increasingly painful spot on my left lower shin. Trying to ignore it and will run thru it no matter what. Then there is my feet. You all saw the bloody pictures. That part is getting better, but I have plantar fasciitis starting on the left. Most painful in the morning when I wake up and then gets better but do feel it when I run. My husband deals with this, so I know it is something you can run thru. He did mention that I should put something in my shoe, and it would help.  I will wait and ask Shane about it in 2 weeks when I see him again. I personally know that I can take a steroid dose pack the week before my marathon and it will help with that pain, so I am not worried about it. Just really need this race to hurry up and get here b/c things are starting to hurt simply b/c I am running a lot. Because of the extra work day this week will probably only get 3 running days in and maybe 1-2 cross days. Just the way it is. I have had 2 really good training weeks so I think it will be okay.

Happy training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment