Okay let's get back to yesterday. Clark left early to go pick up Alexis from her sleepover. Sounds like she loved it and had the best time!! I got everyone else ready and we all hooked up at church. We sat with Stephanie and Matt, and I thought the sermon was a GREAT one. Perfect for leading up to Easter weekend. We have been doing a study on the book of Hebrews. I have really enjoyed it. I love Hebrews 10:10, For God's will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once and for all time. It goes on to say in 10:14, For by that one offering he forever made perfect those who are being made holy. (NLT) I liked the way Pastor Steve said it. He said we must connect to Jesus Christ. That is the best offer of your entire life. I even liked Hebrews 10:26, If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of truth, no sacrifice for sins is left. I know we all sin and there is no way to not sin, but I still think all too often we use that as a excuse to do wrong (like oh I will just ask for forgiveness once I am done). I don't think it works that way. I think we can make mistakes and sin but that God expects you to learn from that and not make the same sin again. At least that is what gives me some since of peace that took probably 7-8 years to get after my divorce. I think maybe God forgave me once but he expects me to get it right this time. Very sensitive subject for me but one I never want to forget! I have always and will always love Clark faithfully! Okay moving on....to the best part. Hebrews 10:35-38 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. (NIV). Here is the point according to Pastor Steve, "Keep your confidence in Christ. It is your only hope in salvation."
After church we came back and I worked on the basement for a couple hours. The kids had a big battle with their newly put together Playmobil. I have hardly made a dent in all that needs to be done in the basement, but I did fill several large bags of trash and several bags/tubs of toys to get rid of. Still there is so much work to be done down there. Since nobody was really helping me I quickly became annoyed and gave up for the day. Clark took off for several hours in the afternoon to go play his adult league hockey. I played outside with the kids.
Here is the Playmobil battle!
Ryan is amazing on his skates. All over the place with no problems.
Landon finally realizing he needs the knee pads after falling so much!! He was the most improved throughout the morning.
Ryan and Landon
Nick
As soon as Clark got home from hockey, Alexis and I headed out. I needed to run 5 miles and she wanted to come along on her rollerblades. I think she was pretty proud that she was able to do all 5.4 miles with me. I had taken her bike along (in the car) in case she got tired and although I tried to get her to switch to the bike each lap, she didn't want to. I don't even remember what we did for the rest of the evening. Everyone was pretty tired. I think Alexis and I went up to bed and read while Clark and Nick watched TV (I should say Clark slept on the couch while Nick watched TV). I am reading a book my friend Jenny let me borrow. Basically she reads a ton of books each year. She usually has a yearly goal for how many she wants to read. So whenever I go to her house and return a book she gives me another one. This time she gave me The Bronze Horseman. Not exactly what I would call a fast read. For one, it has over 800 pages. Just gonna take me awhile but I will get it done eventually. In short it is a love story that occurs during the time when Hitler's armies attack Russia.
Well, that was the end to staycation day 3. I hope everyone is enjoying their week. I am not looking forward to working Wed, Thurs, Friday of this week b/c I think it is going to just throw me off but oh well. I just need to try and enjoy not working this Monday and Tuesday:)
No comments:
Post a Comment